• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

FL5 (BS?) Autocross Thread

apexit53

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 CTR, 2023 Integra aspec MT
Very nice what are you going with for tires ?
Hoinestly not sure yet. Waiting to see if continental can get their new tire out before the first of the year(probably not) next issue is sizes and whats available. Kinda wana find out what 2nd goes to before i pick a size.

spectre186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Camry, 23 Civic Type R
What are some good tire recs for someone who wants to autox but not die in the rain when commuting?

OP
OP
Geezer

Geezer

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
What are some good tire recs for someone who wants to autox but not die in the rain when commuting?
Die is relative lol I drove on Mickey thompson et street drag radials in 40 degrees and rain before and did not die 😬
Would start on factory tire but they are not going to be competitive in a serious autox setting.

apexit53

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TAKING MY CHANCES! lol

Though having autocrossdigits.comas a sponsor is helpful just in case it does go to a different class.

Maybe A street? lol
11th Gen Honda Civic FL5 (BS?) Autocross Thread BS

OP
OP
Geezer

Geezer

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
TAKING MY CHANCES! lol

Though having autocrossdigits.comas a sponsor is helpful just in case it does go to a different class.

Maybe A street? lol
BS.jpg
Looks great! Can't wait to get mine.

sackofcheese

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic SI, 1994 Miata (track toy)
Honestly it depends on your tolerance for sketchy when it comes to driving in the rain, and how competitive you want to be. The PS4S that the FL5 comes on is a phenomenal rain tire, and frequently used for torrential downpour autocross events, but is no where near the front when it comes to dry grip. If you're new to autocross, I would just start on those. No need to buys something new, especially when youre still learning the fundamentals. I started autocrossing on some Walmart all season specials. However, If you want to be the most competitive as possible, the new Bridgestone Potenza RE71RS was the best tire that Tire Rack has ever tested in the wet.

OP
OP
Geezer

Geezer

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
I've been looking at tire options for a bit and pretty much stuck on 275/30/19 RT660s on oem forged wheels although I haven't pulled the trigger. Still crossing my fingers that tirerack commissions an 18x9.5 et 53 wheel. Anyone have tirerack contacts where we can ask?

apexit53

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've been looking at tire options for a bit and pretty much stuck on 275/30/19 RT660s on oem forged wheels although I haven't pulled the trigger. Still crossing my fingers that tirerack commissions an 18x9.5 et 53 wheel. Anyone have tirerack contacts where we can ask?

I asked my TR guy. Nothing in the works. The car is super new but.... yeah not much options out there for us.

OP
OP
Geezer

Geezer

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
I asked my TR guy. Nothing in the works. The car is super new but.... yeah not much options out there for us.
Tirerack did it with Motegi for the fk8 you have a contact there? Lol

apexit53

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tirerack did it with Motegi for the fk8 you have a contact there? Lol
I work for an acura dealership that buys a lot from TR lol. Yes I know people on the inside ;)

apexit53

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

apexit53

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They don't I went down that path they won't clear the brakes on the FK8 so they won't on the FL5.
ugh!!!!!! THIS IS ANNOYING! lol
Sponsored