• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

FL5 (BS?) Autocross Thread

OP
OP
Geezer

Geezer

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Ok I called tirerack and spoke to Luke. They do intend to make a class legal wheel with a partner however they need a car there to measure for clearance. If anyone in the South Bend Indiana area has time and can volunteer their car for a bit get a hold of Luke!
Sponsored

apexit53

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 CTR, 2023 Integra aspec MT
Take a look at VMR Wheels. V710. I am running a matte black 19 x 9.5 +45 on the FL5. I had them on my FK8 as well.
With this stupid sport we love so much we have to stay within 7mm of stock offset. Stock wheel is +60 so +53 is as low as we can go :(

apexit53

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ok I called tirerack and spoke to Luke. They do intend to make a class legal wheel with a partner however they need a car there to measure for clearance. If anyone in the South Bend Indiana area has time and can volunteer their car for a bit get a hold of Luke!
I would take mine there but its finally getting the coating applied to it and i don't want to take it out in the road salt lol. I talked to Paul and hes trying to convince me to bring it to them ;)

anyone got a truck and enclosed trailer? lol

OP
OP
Geezer

Geezer

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
No but I'll donate $10 toward your towing expense if you end up doing it lol

apexit53

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No but I'll donate $10 toward your towing expense if you end up doing it lol
It would be best if i could convice them to come to milwaukee! lol

OP
OP
Geezer

Geezer

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Welp I pulled the trigger on a set of oem forged wheels. Tires I am going to hold off for now fingers crossed one of the top autox choices show up by spring in 285/30/19.

apexit53

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Welp I pulled the trigger on a set of oem forged wheels. Tires I am going to hold off for now fingers crossed one of the top autox choices show up by spring in 285/30/19.

that would be the perfect size for those

apexit53

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
here is my current list lol

while we know the conti isnt fast for autocross, my thought is that if and when they have the autocross spec tire come out it would be in the same molds.

11th Gen Honda Civic FL5 (BS?) Autocross Thread 1672781269111

RacingManiac

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 CW CTR R-12374
Question for those that have autoXed FL5 and if you swap tires on site, how have you been doing the tire tetris in this car. In my FK8 with the narrower tires I usually use a harbor freight moving mat covering the back seat and do 2 stacked and 2 standing in the back seat, that leaves my hatch empty to put tools and other things. With the tires being wider(but shorter, a bit) Can that method still work?

This season is over since I literally just got the car yesterday. But just looking for ideas....

OP
OP
Geezer

Geezer

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Question for those that have autoXed FL5 and if you swap tires on site, how have you been doing the tire tetris in this car. In my FK8 with the narrower tires I usually use a harbor freight moving mat covering the back seat and do 2 stacked and 2 standing in the back seat, that leaves my hatch empty to put tools and other things. With the tires being wider(but shorter, a bit) Can that method still work?

This season is over since I literally just got the car yesterday. But just looking for ideas....
No issues with an extra set of wheels tires basic tools jack etc there is plenty of room.

RacingManiac

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 CW CTR R-12374
No issues with an extra set of wheels tires basic tools jack etc there is plenty of room.
Forgot I have picture...this is how I normally pack my FK8, just wondering if you can do similar thing in FL5, or my best bet is to fold the seats...I like this because the tires are pretty secured and won't move around with the tire bags....

11th Gen Honda Civic FL5 (BS?) Autocross Thread 1695219183554

11th Gen Honda Civic FL5 (BS?) Autocross Thread 1695219202078
Sponsored