• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

FL5 CTR Pre booking check in and dealer price discussion

onepointsix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 TW FG2
I'm east of Toronto (Durham region) and called a few dealerships, but haven't had to put a deposit down yet, just put on the list. I'm going to follow up with them to see if they're any change/updates on their end.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Stick_shifter96

Stick_shifter96

First Name
Shaurya
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a FL5
I'm east of Toronto (Durham region) and called a few dealerships, but haven't had to put a deposit down yet, just put on the list. I'm going to follow up with them to see if they're any change/updates on their end.
I too called Whitby Honda first and they said they weren't taking deposits or keeping a waitlist

onepointsix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 TW FG2
I just find it weird how some are taking deposits and some are not. I know a few smaller dealerships in Scarborough are doing deposits, but considering how many we're supposedly getting Canada wide, what are the chances they're going to be able to fulfill their pre-orders over the larger dealerships?

OP
OP
Stick_shifter96

Stick_shifter96

First Name
Shaurya
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a FL5
Yeah I agree with you. Going by the number floating around this forum, Canada will receive about 540 CTRs over 3 years, which is 180/year. If they allocate their top 3 dealers in the 7 big provinces, each gets about 8-9 CTRs per year. Lets see what actually happens...

Vtextc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda S2000
All speculation of course, but my local (small-ish) Honda dealer here in Alberta says that they are getting 7 cars over the production cycle. I'm supposedly #2 in line (have provided a credit card number) but have no further details or an ETA.

onepointsix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 TW FG2
I just got off the phone with two dealerships in the area (not taking pre-order deposits) that both said mid to late september, Honda is going to allow pre-orders directly from the website and select the dealership you wish to deal with. I assume by giving the deposit now, the dealership will be essentially going through the same process, just without buyer interaction....🤔

OP
OP
Stick_shifter96

Stick_shifter96

First Name
Shaurya
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a FL5
I just got off the phone with two dealerships in the area (not taking pre-order deposits) that both said mid to late september, Honda is going to allow pre-orders directly from the website and select the dealership you wish to deal with. I assume by giving the deposit now, the dealership will be essentially going through the same process, just without buyer interaction....🤔
any specific dates mentioned by the dealerships?

ILX6SPEED

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura ILX 2.4, CRV
thanks for making this thread. I have had a deposit down since May at my medium sized dealer in the GTA. I am number 1 on the list and was told 3-5 cars to this dealer over the 3 year run. Have no other details besides that. Anxiously waiting to have something more solid in terms of allocation. Im also hoping these things don't land in the dead of winter.

OP
OP
Stick_shifter96

Stick_shifter96

First Name
Shaurya
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a FL5
thanks for making this thread. I have had a deposit down since May at my medium sized dealer in the GTA. I am number 1 on the list and was told 3-5 cars to this dealer over the 3 year run. Have no other details besides that. Anxiously waiting to have something more solid in terms of allocation. Im also hoping these things don't land in the dead of winter.
Oh yes. If it lands in the winter, I am gonna have to store it until spring at least. Not putting it through the winter conditions to break it in. Seems like September is the earliest when we will have official updates from Honda. This waiting game really sucksss

onepointsix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 TW FG2
Yeah, that's the one thing I'm concerned about. One dealer I went to in Scarborough apparently had 20 deposits lined up. Can't see even half of those pre-orders going through at that dealership alone.

ILX6SPEED

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura ILX 2.4, CRV
Yeah, that's the one thing I'm concerned about. One dealer I went to in Scarborough apparently had 20 deposits lined up. Can't see even half of those pre-orders going through at that dealership alone.
Same thing here, I went to put a second deposit down with another dealer I had previously bought our CRV from and they were already 7 people deep. Sales guy told me don't bother we probably wont get that many cars even by year 3.

onepointsix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 TW FG2
I have a feeling that people will back out if the price of the car is too high. I was looking at FK8's in the used market and they're in the mid 40's to high 50's. FL5 could be more when it's released.

Kyofu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3 GT
I have a feeling that people will back out if the price of the car is too high. I was looking at FK8's in the used market and they're in the mid 40's to high 50's. FL5 could be more when it's released.
Yep that's honestly what I'm afraid of. Extremely limited availability + inflation makes me think the price increase will be more than I can stomach. At that point my options will be GR86 or a used FK8 (probably in black so I can't see all the vents haha).

Price wise I'm expecting (hoping?) that it falls around 48k-50k CAD seeing as the 2021 MSRP was $46,200 CAD. CTR Limited Edition was $54,600 CAD though so maybe they'll price it closer to that.

fastSI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type-R 2018 CW #13019,SI 2022 RR
Yeah I agree with you. Going by the number floating around this forum, Canada will receive about 540 CTRs over 3 years, which is 180/year. If they allocate their top 3 dealers in the 7 big provinces, each gets about 8-9 CTRs per year. Lets see what actually happens...
We are getting a total of 6 for the 3 years period at my dealer (Quebec) ,All 6 are reserved with deposits ..
Sponsored