• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

FL5 CTR Pre booking check in and dealer price discussion

OP
OP
Stick_shifter96

Stick_shifter96

First Name
Shaurya
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a FL5
This is insane. Canada is a pretty huge market. Honda knows this(hopefully) and should produce accordingly otherwise its gonna be a literal bloodbath in here
Sponsored

ASIMO Assassin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing interesting right now
Online reservations will be nuts if they go that way. I wonder if we will get a lottery system here.

We are getting a total of 6 for the 3 years period at my dealer (Quebec) ,All 6 are reserved with deposits ..
Just curious, how do you guys know? Is it just speculation based on some general outline, or are there differences between provinces in how they are getting notified about their allocations?

I've talked to a number of dealerships around BC and they all haven't been given firm details on their allocation at this time. They just sort of have a rough idea, but no one really knows anything.

My dealership isn't taking deposits at all, they are still just waiting for details. This kind of seems like what a lot of places are doing... makes me wonder why some dealerships are actually taking money deposits.

Yeah, that's the one thing I'm concerned about. One dealer I went to in Scarborough apparently had 20 deposits lined up. Can't see even half of those pre-orders going through at that dealership alone.
I talked to Kingsway Honda a few weeks ago, they had 22 deposits already. They were speculating they will get 5 cars a year... but they couldn't say for sure. I declined to add my name as the 23rd person, lol.

andyh96z

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Sport Touring
Great idea! No speculation on price from any of the dealers I have called yet. I'm led to believe that more information will be available sometime in the next couple of weeks.
Stateside dealership here. We have about ten pre-ordered already. If you're local, you pay MSRP + about $1400 in accessories of your choice.

Vtextc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda S2000
Stateside dealership here. We have about ten pre-ordered already. If you're local, you pay MSRP + about $1400 in accessories of your choice.
Thank-you. In Canada, the vehicles have to be sold at MSRP unlike the weird and wonderful goings-on down south :)
I'm curious as to what the MSRP will be for the Canadian market....

onepointsix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 TW FG2
Thank-you. In Canada, the vehicles have to be sold at MSRP unlike the weird and wonderful goings-on down south :)
I'm curious as to what the MSRP will be for the Canadian market....
Also very curious. I'm expect 45-50K here. That would put it in the same price bracket as a Golf R/S3 and about 5K over the Elantra N. The Golf R/S3 are my backup if I can't get a Type R.

Obscure_Worship

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Honda Civic
Anybody used to Honda quality will be sorely disappointed when their Hyundai Elantra N starts burning oil at 15-20k miles. Anybody see any SRT-4 Neons on the road now? That'll be the same with Hyundai N Line vehicles. Type R or bust here.

ElpacoSV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EJ6 ; Civic FK7G4
I just got off the phone with two dealerships in the area (not taking pre-order deposits) that both said mid to late september, Honda is going to allow pre-orders directly from the website and select the dealership you wish to deal with. I assume by giving the deposit now, the dealership will be essentially going through the same process, just without buyer interaction....🤔
This reminds me about the issue Ford is getting with new models. Manufactuers are trying to offset the markups by dealing as much possible directly with customers (Tesla way).

ILX6SPEED

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura ILX 2.4, CRV
Also very curious. I'm expect 45-50K here. That would put it in the same price bracket as a Golf R/S3 and about 5K over the Elantra N. The Golf R/S3 are my backup if I can't get a Type R.
Wasnt the 2021 starting at $48k? I am hoping the new Type R comes in close to that. Anything far over $50k is going to make me start sweating :)

onepointsix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 TW FG2
I wonder if they'll force add
Wasnt the 2021 starting at $48k? I am hoping the new Type R comes in close to that. Anything far over $50k is going to make me start sweating :)
I had to look it up, I wasn't looking at the Type R (or the 10th gen civics for matter) much. Looks like it was around 46-47K CAD. So I guess around 48-50K more likely.

ILX6SPEED

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura ILX 2.4, CRV
I wonder if they'll force add

I had to look it up, I wasn't looking at the Type R (or the 10th gen civics for matter) much. Looks like it was around 46-47K CAD. So I guess around 48-50K more likely.
If I recall the 2020 was 46k and the 2021 jumped 2k to 48k which pissed some people off at the time as they were identical cars. I missed out on a 2021 in PMM like 3 times, hoping it was meant to be in order to grab a 2023!

Kyofu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3 GT
If I recall the 2020 was 46k and the 2021 jumped 2k to 48k which pissed some people off at the time as they were identical cars. I missed out on a 2021 in PMM like 3 times, hoping it was meant to be in order to grab a 2023!
All of these are before destination, taxes or any other fees

2017 - $40,890
2018 - $41,090
2019 - $41,690
2020 - $43,690
2021 - $46,200
2022 - N/A
2023 - ???

I'm really hoping for 48k-50k but with inflation and even more limited production it may end up being over 50k.
Sponsored