• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

FL5 CTR Pre booking check in and dealer price discussion

fastSI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type-R 2018 CW #13019,SI 2022 RR
I thought so too. Right from my dealership owner Neibour until Covid hit. Some of my local dealers put the markup right on the window sticker now.
in Quebec it's the law,Other provinces are different but in Quebec there is a law..
Sponsored

POPNTEC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW FL5 CTR
in Quebec it's the law,Other provinces are different but in Quebec there is a law..
Yeah the easy work around for that is the dealers are moving cars around amongst their other dealerships. They sell a 50k civic typeR to the manager of their also owned Toyota dealership, which then sells it used with 200km on it for 69k like these dicks in BC and Alberta are doing with the Golf R.

ElpacoSV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EJ6 ; Civic FK7G4
Yeah the easy work around for that is the dealers are moving cars around amongst their other dealerships. They sell a 50k civic typeR to the manager of their also owned Toyota dealership, which then sells it used with 200km on it for 69k like these dicks in BC and Alberta are doing with the Golf R.
Because of thid, I really hope Honda Canada will limit the allocations for dealers and open them via website so a maximum of customers will get a Honda product without markups.

Greed will be the end og dealers...sad...(my opinion not an affirmation).

Kyofu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3 GT
Yep, that work around is pure bullshit for customers. You end up with things like this GR86 with 26km selling at $46k CAD when MSRP is $36k CAD lmao. What makes me happy at least is a lot of these cars I've seen have been sitting there for months now.

POPNTEC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW FL5 CTR
Because of thid, I really hope Honda Canada will limit the allocations for dealers and open them via website so a maximum of customers will get a Honda product without markups.

Greed will be the end og dealers...sad...(my opinion not an affirmation).
Ford has already started a subsidiary eFord I believe. They are going with the Tesla model of online sales with fixed pricing. They want to cut out the middle man, the dealerships. Not good if you own dealerships cause this is the way of the future. Showrooms and online sales.

POPNTEC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW FL5 CTR
Yep, that work around is pure bullshit for customers. You end up with things like this GR86 with 26km selling at $46k CAD when MSRP is $36k CAD lmao. What makes me happy at least is a lot of these cars I've seen have been sitting there for months now.
I love seeing them sit on the lots. Same with the Golf Rs in BC at the Courtney dealership, they have been there for four plus months.

Kyofu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3 GT
Ford has already started a subsidiary eFord I believe. They are going with the Tesla model of online sales with fixed pricing. They want to cut out the middle man, the dealerships. Not good if you own dealerships cause this is the way of the future. Showrooms and online sales.
The funny part is Ford probably wouldn't have considered this if there wasn't such outrageous mark ups. Dealerships are digging their own grave by price gouging consumers and soon they'll be relegated "Manufacturer certified service centers".

POPNTEC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW FL5 CTR
The funny part is Ford probably wouldn't have considered this if there wasn't such outrageous mark ups. Dealerships are digging their own grave by price gouging consumers and soon they'll be relegated "Manufacturer certified service centers".
Yup.

ElpacoSV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EJ6 ; Civic FK7G4
Expect oil changes for 200$ 🤣🤣🤣

FL5ogger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Laser
Be careful what you wish for.

Here in Australia, Honda have moved to an agency model with fixed prices Australia wide. The dealers don't own the stock so Honda dictates price with no ability to negotiate.
The previous Civic started at $27k(ish) AUD on the road and topped out at $38kAUD. If you drove a bargain you could get it for less. The new civic is now only offered in top spec and the price is......wait for it....$47,200!!!
From what I've been told the dealer (or Agent now) is paid a basic hand over fee which is a fraction of the previous income when they owned the stock.
The kicker to all this is that dealers couldn't mark up the price like they do in North America, the RRP was a ceiling rather than a floor as per Australian consumer law. I guess this was Honda's way of getting around that and keeping the profits for themselves.

ElpacoSV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EJ6 ; Civic FK7G4
Be careful what you wish for.

Here in Australia, Honda have moved to an agency model with fixed prices Australia wide. The dealers don't own the stock so Honda dictates price with no ability to negotiate.
The previous Civic started at $27k(ish) AUD on the road and topped out at $38kAUD. If you drove a bargain you could get it for less. The new civic is now only offered in top spec and the price is......wait for it....$47,200!!!
From what I've been told the dealer (or Agent now) is paid a basic hand over fee which is a fraction of the previous income when they owned the stock.
The kicker to all this is that dealers couldn't mark up the price like they do in North America, the RRP was a ceiling rather than a floor as per Australian consumer law. I guess this was Honda's way of getting around that and keeping the profits for themselves.
You are right...

Sazabi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ
Do you think Honda Canada will have showings of this car before release? Haven't seen the car in person yet. Would be nice to see it in the flesh instead of just pictures.

OP
OP
Stick_shifter96

Stick_shifter96

First Name
Shaurya
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a FL5
They would only have press cars. I don't think they can afford to have dealer only cars, the production is too limited for it to happen.

Kyofu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3 GT
Do you think Honda Canada will have showings of this car before release? Haven't seen the car in person yet. Would be nice to see it in the flesh instead of just pictures.
Honestly I think your best bet would be one of the car shows. I think the earliest one is the Montreal Auto Show at the end of January.

Sazabi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ
Yeah true. They had a suprise showing at Wisconsin recently so just wondered if something like that would happen here. Would be nice i.e. the Nissan Z preview that happened at Yorkdale Mall in Toronto a few months back, which was pretty neat.
Sponsored