• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

FL5 CTR Pre booking check in and dealer price discussion

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
This is one of the only times you’ll hear me say, glad I live in Texas… listening to all these northern states/Canadians talk about driving being useless from October to May, and might as well wait til Spring, makes me glad I live somewhere that doesn’t involve putting a drivers car away for half the year.

TypeSiR

First Name
Car Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, CTR, MX-5, Fit
This is one of the only times you’ll hear me say, glad I live in Texas… listening to all these northern states/Canadians talk about driving being useless from October to May, and might as well wait til Spring, makes me glad I live somewhere that doesn’t involve putting a drivers car away for half the year.
But the roads are mostly flat and straight. Is there a good twisty road with some elevation changes within TX, excluding freeway interchanges?

Kyofu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3 GT
Its far from useless, infact it can be alot of fun to drive in the snow with low traction. I think people just want to keep their car in mint condition with minimal road salt exposure.

If I land a FL5 CTR myself, I might try to keep it winter free for the first few years. But my goal is to have it as my daily so we'll see how long I keep the current Mazda 3 GT around.

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
But the roads are mostly flat and straight. Is there a good twisty road with some elevation changes within TX, excluding freeway interchanges?
Obviously there aren’t hills and elevation changes, like you’re suggesting, but there are good winding roads.

ASIMO Assassin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing interesting right now
If I ever get one, it will be my year round DD. The whole point of a 4dr hot hatch, to me at least, is precisely that it can be your one and only do-everything car.

Timmmmmm13

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3 2014
Completely agree. Part of what makes it special is that it is made to be driven all year every year until the wheels fall off.

psyborg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Another thread already started a markup Google Sheets. I added a few in AB. Feel welcome to post on it once you've got numbers ;)

GSheets

VPMotors

First Name
Vivek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R, 2002 Honda CR-V
Another thread already started a markup Google Sheets. I added a few in AB. Feel welcome to post on it once you've got numbers ;)

GSheets
Hey hey I see my name there..... vpmotors here lol. That was me lamenting about markups on Reddit and here I am paying deposits to dealers with markups below 5k. Such are the times sigh.....

ASIMO Assassin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing interesting right now
^^ Man, they still have Japanese spec models on the Canadian website. What is going on, lol.

I noticed a few people mentioning they are hearing things from Canadian dealers... before I reach out to mine (and annoy them again), how many people are getting e-mails or calls from their dealers right now?