• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

FL5 Oil Leak Help

Moose

First Name
Dino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
I changed the oil for the first time in the Type R and was shocked to find a small amount of oil on the under tray and right above it on the transmission (pictures included). I found this odd as this is on the opposite end of where the oil pan bolt and filter are located. The car was broken in properly and only has 1,500 miles on it. Oil was checked monthly and was always in range on the dipstick. It appears to be engine oil, but not 100% if transmission oil is still red in color. I cleaned everything up and will monitor closely before bringing to dealer. I did not find any other leaks that I could see. Has anyone else come across this?

11th Gen Honda Civic FL5 Oil Leak Help Trans

11th Gen Honda Civic FL5 Oil Leak Help Tray
Sponsored

SKINNIE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ISF, 23' BB FL5
Check your valve cover. FK8s & FL5s are known to have bad valve cover gasket.

pigfacedalarm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
Back of your valve cover is likely leaking. Quite common with the FK8, and I’ve seen it probably ~six times on the FL5 from the Facebook groups.

OP
OP

Moose

First Name
Dino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
Thanks for the help!

RP2000R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 CTR, 21 Porsche Cayman GT4, 15 Lexus IS350 RWD
My 17 CTR had same leak it would weap from the black cover on the trans/clutch area and pool up around that bolt and on the shield.

I ended up selling the car so never officially diagnosed but my valve cover looked ok and no other visible leaks.

Maybe put die in oil so you can trace the leak.
Keep us posted.

OP
OP

Moose

First Name
Dino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
Thanks. I am planning on getting under the car again this weekend and will report back.
Sponsored