HKSpeed
Senior Member
- Joined
- Aug 15, 2024
- Threads
- 17
- Messages
- 154
- Reaction score
- 151
- Location
- Orange County, CA
- Vehicle(s)
- FL2 6MT
- Thread starter
- #1
Saw this at a car meet. I wonder what is the story. Why go from 265/35/19 Michelin Pilots to 245/40/18 Delinte DS2? This is in Los Angeles county, where nobody needs winter tires.
The blue Si in the background had 255/40/18 Bridgestones (200 treadwear) on CE28N
Also at the meet: 265/35/18 Lexanis (500 treadwear) on TE37L.
When you got no more money left after mods
. My guess is these wheels came off a lesser car (WRX or Evo?). If I had a R33 like this, it would strictly be a garage queen/Sunday cruiser. I would get the same tires 
Edit: Why the tires on the BCR33 and FL5 caught my attention.
I noticed the cheap tires because I'm all about cheap tires.
I have Celimos on my car right now. I bought many sets of Achilles, Nankangs, and Senturys.
Cheap tires on a cheap car (like my FL2) is to be expected. Cheap tires on performance cars is funny.
A BCNR33 with JDM parts is not just another performance car. This BCNR33 is a premium car with premium parts on premium wheels. It's not cheap speed. It has a premium collector element, which makes cheap tires even funnier.
The FL5 is a juxtaposition of cheap and luxury: its a cheap marque with a luxury price!
Don't believe me? Ask non-car people for their opinion on a $47K Civic. Cheap tires on a WRX or Elantra N isn't remarkable because those cars are cheap speed. Cheap tires on a FL5 is funnier than cheap tires on a similarly priced BMW G20. 
The blue Si in the background had 255/40/18 Bridgestones (200 treadwear) on CE28N
Also at the meet: 265/35/18 Lexanis (500 treadwear) on TE37L.
When you got no more money left after mods
Edit: Why the tires on the BCR33 and FL5 caught my attention.
I noticed the cheap tires because I'm all about cheap tires.
The FL5 is a juxtaposition of cheap and luxury: its a cheap marque with a luxury price!
Last edited: