Sponsored

FL5 on 245/40/18

HKSpeed

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 15, 2024
Threads
17
Messages
154
Reaction score
151
Location
Orange County, CA
Vehicle(s)
FL2 6MT
Saw this at a car meet. I wonder what is the story. Why go from 265/35/19 Michelin Pilots to 245/40/18 Delinte DS2?
11th Gen Honda Civic FL5 on 245/40/18 1790538494830-ps


I guess it is fine to save money, like using 87 octane and driving mildly.
11th Gen Honda Civic FL5 on 245/40/18 1790544970598-hm



The blue Si in the background had 255/40/18 Bridgestones (200 treadwear) on CE28N
11th Gen Honda Civic FL5 on 245/40/18 1790538601759-4


Also at the meet: 265/35/18 Lexanis (500 treadwear) on TE37L. When you got no more money left after mods 😆. My guess is these wheels came from another lesser car.
If I had a R33 like this, it would strictly be a garage queen/Sunday cruiser. I would get the same tires 😆
11th Gen Honda Civic FL5 on 245/40/18 1790538969095-nh
 
Last edited:

Cueyo

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 3, 2023
Threads
22
Messages
978
Reaction score
748
Location
USA
Vehicle(s)
2025 Civic Type R
I'll bet the smaller tires on the FL5 are because smaller tires are lighter and the extra sidewall is nicer on the road in terms of feel. A lot of FL5s are tracked and driven hard, but you don't need all that tire on a daily drive.

Going from my meaty winter tires back to the pilot sports 4S's makes me miss more sidewall
 
 







Top