Sponsored

Mrjustin81

Senior Member
First Name
Justin
Joined
Oct 13, 2021
Threads
1
Messages
186
Reaction score
186
Location
Ohio
Vehicle(s)
2019 TYP Si coupe, 2023 Boost Blue type R 6820
I had a 19si and had an actual cold air intake that went into the wheel well. I drove it in snow and rain and hit plenty of puddles and never had a single issue with it. That's my two cents. I doubt you'll have issue with this one because I don't see where it looks like it reaches down into the wheel well and my si did and it was fine. Drove it like that for 55 -65 k miles.
I’ll agree and double that ~115k with a CAI
You would have to drive extremely recklessly W/O the under tray .
With the quality of other Acuity products, I wouldn’t be overly concerned.

Since it’s going straight into the turbo, will it work with aftermarket turbos?
Sponsored

 

Cueyo

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 3, 2023
Threads
22
Messages
1,013
Reaction score
809
Location
USA
Vehicle(s)
2025 Civic Type R
Same “water issue “ with the cold air intake systems. I don’t know how many hydrolocks actually happen.
I always here about people hydro locking with rain storms and CAI's, but it always sounds like the "don't pressure wash your engine bay" argument.

I don't drive my car in the rain but let me ask Acuity about water infiltration. I did install a block off plate that goes in front of the filter it was also included in the kit. I just didn't record that part. DM me on IG add i can send you a picture.
Unfortunately I don't have IG, but if you can send it here that would be cool lol
 

Sporky McGeuschky

Senior Member
First Name
Sporky
Joined
Feb 21, 2025
Threads
7
Messages
615
Reaction score
604
Location
Central Texas
Vehicle(s)
'25 Civic Type R, Dory Blue and Satin White
Build Thread
Link
Unfortunately I don't have IG, but if you can send it here that would be cool lol
I second this.
Although, fortunately, I don't have Instagram, or Facebook. I spend enough time wathcing YouTube as it is. Don't need to be sucked into any additional internet time portals.
 

Cueyo

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 3, 2023
Threads
22
Messages
1,013
Reaction score
809
Location
USA
Vehicle(s)
2025 Civic Type R
I second this.
Although, fortunately, I don't have Instagram, or Facebook. I spend enough time wathcing YouTube as it is. Don't need to be sucked into any additional internet time portals.
Only social media I use are the two 11th gen civic forums, massive time portals these are 🫪
 
 







Top