• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

FL5 with stock height 265/35/18 vs 255/40/18

Village911

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 #839
Dude!! Sick set up. Thanks for sharing!

Does yours rub at all? Do you see any risk in it? I'm planning to get a new set of 18" wheels with 43mm and tires for 265/40/18 as well.
Sponsored

rihoho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 #1696, Tesla MY
Dude!! Sick set up. Thanks for sharing!

Does yours rub at all? Do you see any risk in it? I'm planning to get a new set of 18" wheels with 43mm and tires for 265/40/18 as well.
Thanks! I haven’t had any rub. This set up I believe, works out to a 0.5in raise. I have some rough roads and speed bumps here. This helps me clear it with ease. I plan on keeping it stock suspension for now.

Kfo_cpa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RDX
Thanks! I haven’t had any rub. This set up I believe, works out to a 0.5in raise. I have some rough roads and speed bumps here. This helps me clear it with ease. I plan on keeping it stock suspension for now.
Thanks for posting. How is the ride comfort compared to stock? How does it feel on the highway?

rihoho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 #1696, Tesla MY
Thanks for posting. How is the ride comfort compared to stock? How does it feel on the highway?
The ride is definitely more plush, and comfortable especially on the highway. There seems to be less tire noise compared to the stock set up. I went with a lighter wheel too, to help with suspension compliance. I believe the stock wheel was ~26.1 lb and tire was ~25.1 versus the now ~18.5 lb and ~26.1 lb. In addition, I believe that the fl5 ground clearance is about 20mm lower than fk8, which i think the set up is good for bad roads. The ride is not completely plush by any means, it is still sporty, but now it is not punishing. Still have stock set up to use if I ever have the chance to hit the track or auto cross. Hope this helps!

DSAINJERSEY

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 TYPE R
I run a 265/40/18 on a 18/9.5 +45 wheel. Very meaty tire, but can deal with potholes, tall speed bumps and steep drive way easily now
B5D3DDF4-9C6A-4D44-A562-5251C0EC4B34.jpeg
Any issues with the 40 sidewall? I just got a set of Advan GT Beyond at +45et and want to do 40s instead of 35s for ride quality. Any rubbing or turning restrictions? Hard bump rubs?

Last edited:

rihoho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 #1696, Tesla MY
Any issues with the 40 sidewall? I just got a set of Advan GT Beyond at +45et and want to do 40s instead of 35s for ride quality. Any rubbing or turning restrictions? Hard bump rubs?
Had this set up since March. No issues with rubbing or hard bumps. Have some tall speed bumps at work no rub with that either. I am at stock suspension though not lowered.
Sponsored