• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Front Splitter Clearance

BurgerSlayer

First Name
Alberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hey All. I’m hoping someone with an FL5 can do me a solid and let me know what the clearance from the ground is to the bottom of front splitter?

My driveway is steep and it would slightly rub the splitter on my FK8.

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

Icehawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 CTR #3177
The car will almost clear a parking curb, I drove over some bad angles, speed bumps, etc today and it's a normal car. I'll measure it tomorrow and compare to some other cars in my driveway but I doubt it's much worse than my wife's '13 Si if at all.

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
The wheel base is longer on the FL5 vs the FK8, but the overhangs are likely very similar. If I recall, I read somewhere that the FL5 sits a little lower than the FK8 too. So, if you were scraping in an FK8, I would be willing to bet that an FL5 will scrape your driveway too.

ScumbagRob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
The car will almost clear a parking curb, I drove over some bad angles, speed bumps, etc today and it's a normal car. I'll measure it tomorrow and compare to some other cars in my driveway but I doubt it's much worse than my wife's '13 Si if at all.
Almost meaning it doesn't clear? So when pulling into a regular parking space, you have to stop short of the curb?

Icehawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 CTR #3177
It looked close to me, enough that I didn't feel like taking the time to inch up and keep checking.

Years of owning super low cars with deep lips makes me paranoid and I don't pull up very far.

M!!!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5, GR Yaris, FJ Cruiser, Jimny, NA and ND Miata
It's quite low and the overhang is considerable; I find the chin scrapes on inclines that never bothered my ND2 Miata.
Sponsored