• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX hatchback
The split headlight is really growing on me, looks freaky. Also it's like the opposite of the 10th gen base headlight "eyes" which make it look even more alien in that context.
The look of the headlights remind me of when I drove a '91 Integra that had fog lamps on the same field of view as the headlamps. I would get flashed all the damn time for having my fogs on. I can imagine 11th gen owners will get similar reactions from other drivers when they see the headlights on.
Sponsored

OP
OP

alhounos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si - Sold, Tesla Model 3
The look of the headlights remind me of when I drove a '91 Integra that had fog lamps on the same field of view as the headlamps. I would get flashed all the damn time for having my fogs on. I can imagine 11th gen owners will get similar reactions from other drivers when they see the headlights on.
Jokes on them... this is an Si! I don't have any foglights! ?

Seriously though, the headlights look cool and overall the looks are growing on me, and the black especially. Will probably go silver or bronze for the summer wheels though...

OP
OP

alhounos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's killing me holding back during the break in process. I let myself have 50% throttle in second or third, and the surge it gives around 3500 is addictive. It wants to go, but 4000 or so is already time to let off.

I noticed a very quiet blowoff noise as well, very cool. Would be nice if it was louder. My turbo Miata had the BOV vented to atmosphere and that sound was almost as fun as the actual acceleration.

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe
How does the Si not have fogs? This would annoy me to no end. Honda really loves to do weird stuff when it comes to equipping their vehicles with certain features. Canadians get all the goods.

HRC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Step 2 McLaren 570S
How does the Si not have fogs? This would annoy me to no end. Honda really loves to do weird stuff when it comes to equipping their vehicles with certain features. Canadians get all the goods.
It's a tactic. 2-3 years from now they'll do a minor refresh and we may likely get all the bells and whistles in the Canadian Spec cars. It is a way to entice people to purchase the car later on in its model cycle.

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe
It's a tactic. 2-3 years from now they'll do a minor refresh and we may likely get all the bells and whistles in the Canadian Spec cars. It is a way to entice people to purchase the car later on in its model cycle.
It was nice that the 10th gens got heated seats and fogs immediately but kinda sucked they had to wait for the LED headlights.

OP
OP

alhounos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This particular adventure was a 200mi trip to the beach over the mountains on excellent twisty roads, including a ten mile detour on an unpaved logging road because the highway was flooded. Had a blast and the Civic got 39mpg. What a great car.
Sponsored