• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Finally got my 2023 Si!

uwg55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic SI 2023
Finally got my canadian 2023 Si (two weeks ago) that I pre-ordered in July 2022.
I traded my 2019 hatchback sport for it, and I really don't regret it. I still got my ktuner so I'll probably end up tuning it, but, as of right now, I'm gonna keep it stock for a little while.

I only have 200 km on it so I'm not pushing it too hard, but I can already tell that the handling and the shifter is amazing!

11th Gen Honda Civic Finally got my 2023 Si! 20230331_161151

11th Gen Honda Civic Finally got my 2023 Si! 20230331_161129
Sponsored

Bigcatman

First Name
Vinnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Si
Fantastic! Looks amazing , I just got mine last week. Got lucky as I was looking to purchase a black Civic Sport originally. When I was at the dealer I saw this one. The Si was literally just received that morning. So I grabbed it.

11th Gen Honda Civic Finally got my 2023 Si! IMG_6126

McSwine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Si, '09 Porsche Boxster
Congratulations! Mine is supposed to be here 4/20 - 4/2423, we'll see. Just curious...how close to your ETA did the car arrive?

OP
OP

uwg55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic SI 2023
Fantastic! Looks amazing , I just got mine last week. Got lucky as I was looking to purchase a black Civic Sport originally. When I was at the dealer I saw this one. The Si was literally just received that morning. So I grabbed it.

IMG_6126.jpg
You were really lucky. Where I live, from what I saw, they're all already sold before they have it in stock.

Last edited:

OP
OP

uwg55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic SI 2023
Congratulations! Mine is supposed to be here 4/20 - 4/2423, we'll see. Just curious...how close to your ETA did the car arrive?
The ETA changed a few times. In the beginning when I ordered it, they told me I'll get it in January. Then months passed and the ETA changed to March and then to April when I actually got it. So from the original ETA they were 3 months off. I ended up waiting about 9 months from when I ordered it.

Cornercarver

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic Type R, 2002 Lexus SC430
Times have really changed.
In Aug 2017 I was at Right Honda in Scottsdale to check out the Type R. None in stock. Plus ADM etc. Plus no test drives. Salesperson said- 'While you're here check this out'. Test drove an Aegean Blue SI, bought it at slightly under MSRP.
No markup, no waiting. No regrets.
They even apologized for not doing a better deal since they only had a few SI's in stock vs. other Civics.
Now those days have faded into legend, along with the mythical $ 33K new Type R's and $ 60K new C8's.
Not a new phenomenon. I remember $5K markups on the Pontiac Fiero, Toyota MR2, etc. It's just a bit worse now. The markups are higher and last longer, not just when the car debuts.
So you might as well get something special. And the SI is certainly that.

abitolder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 accord
Nice car, picked up mine yesterday same colour. Just wondering if the dealership charged you $300 extra for special paint on the Sonic Gray. In previous years it was an extra charge, and still is on regular Civic models, but does not show on the invoice, window label or website when you price out an Si in Canada. I had to argue a bit with my dealer but got the charge dropped, $300 is $300 even if it is Canadian!

OP
OP

uwg55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic SI 2023
Nice car, picked up mine yesterday same colour. Just wondering if the dealership charged you $300 extra for special paint on the Sonic Gray. In previous years it was an extra charge, and still is on regular Civic models, but does not show on the invoice, window label or website when you price out an Si in Canada. I had to argue a bit with my dealer but got the charge dropped, $300 is $300 even if it is Canadian!
The color was not charged and I didn't had to say anything about it! Dealer was great actually, I didn't felt like I was getting ripped off.

MorrisGray

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazda3 5sp manual, 2012 Genesis sedan
Does the Black exterior have any metallic in it or is it just a pearl coat black?
Same question for the Sonic Gray? It is growing on me but my wife prefers other colors.

OP
OP

uwg55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic SI 2023
Does the Black exterior have any metallic in it or is it just a pearl coat black?
Same question for the Sonic Gray? It is growing on me but my wife prefers other colors.
I'd say my sonic gray is more glossy-ish (if that even means something, I don't know how to describe it really). I could post a close up picture of the pain if you want.

I really like the color, it's also a little bit blue-ish.

MorrisGray

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazda3 5sp manual, 2012 Genesis sedan
Thank you but that isn't necessary. I will get to look at one next week. They have an SI coming in that color at Economy Honda Chattanooga.

mrhellderis

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Si SGP
Times have really changed.
In Aug 2017 I was at Right Honda in Scottsdale to check out the Type R. None in stock. Plus ADM etc. Plus no test drives. Salesperson said- 'While you're here check this out'. Test drove an Aegean Blue SI, bought it at slightly under MSRP.
No markup, no waiting. No regrets.
They even apologized for not doing a better deal since they only had a few SI's in stock vs. other Civics.
Now those days have faded into legend, along with the mythical $ 33K new Type R's and $ 60K new C8's.
Not a new phenomenon. I remember $5K markups on the Pontiac Fiero, Toyota MR2, etc. It's just a bit worse now. The markups are higher and last longer, not just when the car debuts.
So you might as well get something special. And the SI is certainly that.
Well said

OP
OP

uwg55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic SI 2023
UPDATE!

Got a new set of wheels for the car, they're SuperSpeed RF03RR in satin bronze and the specs are 18x8.5+35. I'm still on the stock tires and I'll upgrade to something better in the future.

Here's some pictures:
11th Gen Honda Civic Finally got my 2023 Si! IMG_0146
11th Gen Honda Civic Finally got my 2023 Si! IMG_0118
Sponsored