• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

bikejog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic SI Coupe. 2000 Honda Prelude (donated to charity).
For the last couple of generations, Civic has alternate between good looking and bland. 8th good looking, 9th meh, 10th good looking, 11th meh. This one is not as bad as the 9th though.

JoeCain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T
Thanks for all the pics and videos, and taking the time to respond to questions.

I'm now firmly convinced that this is a lame-o Civic design (at least outside - the screen inside doesn't help though) and I may just skip it entirely. The front end just looks *bland*.

Still pissed that Honda assassinated the 10th gen boomerang taillights.

leodan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda civic touring
Did we ever get a confirmation on the color of his demo. Is it the blue or the gray?

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ridgeline RTL-E, 2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S
Curious to know where the Radar for Adaptive Cruise Control is. 10th gen Civic has it behind the driver side bumper, but I don't see a flat surface anywhere that can be housing the sensor. Nor does the Honda emblem seem to be hiding it.
I think I read somewhere that the 11th gen has just the one sensor for all Honda Sense, etc., in the windshield.
"The standard Honda Sensing® suite of active safety and driver assistive technologies uses a new single-camera system that provides a wider field of view than the previous radar-and-camera based system." - Source

An advantage of radar is the ability to "see" in low-to-zero-visibility conditions such as a blizzard, fog, heavy rain, smoke, and darkness.

A camera-only system will gladly run right into a stopped vehicle at full speed if it can't see.

First Name
Parth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si 4DR
"The standard Honda Sensing® suite of active safety and driver assistive technologies uses a new single-camera system that provides a wider field of view than the previous radar-and-camera based system." - Source

An advantage of radar is the ability to "see" in low-to-zero-visibility conditions such as a blizzard, fog, heavy rain, smoke, and darkness.

A camera-only system will gladly run right into a stopped vehicle at full speed if it can't see.
Completely agree. Am eager to try it out during a test drive.
I would have preferred a combination of both radar and camera sensors to eliminate false triggers that was the biggest reason many owners simply turned Honda Sensing off.

delfinom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord 2006 V6 EXL
You can thank the NHTSA for their vaguely worded safety standard that allows manufacturers to cut cost. There's nothing in the standard mandating operation in the rain nor even a "success rate".

I would have preferred a combination of both radar and camera sensors to eliminate false triggers that was the biggest reason many owners simply turned Honda Sensing off.
The problem besides false triggers is Honda does not mention the on the fly override nor do people really learn of it. i.e. if cmbs kicks in falsely, just tap the brake and it'll let go immediately. So while annoying (and honestly rare for me to encounter it), you don't have to let it do something unsafe like stop ona highway.

beo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring

Holy F-ing SHIT! This is a deal breaker for me.

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Sport Touring Hatch; '17 CR-V EX. Formerly '02 EP3.

Bumping because I learned only a couple days ago that they got rid of the radar for the 11th gen. And this was also after watching a Tesla Model 3 review vid where they showed several false alarms causing heavy braking, and a coworker telling about how his Mazda CX-9's camera-only system also throws false alarms.

The mechanic's vid talking about the 11th gen change said it was a good idea, removing such an expensive sensor from the damage-prone front bumper. But yeah, I think it's a step backwards for safety.
Sponsored