• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

01YLWS2k

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si, 2021 CRV
My story, I too had a Beetle 2.0T 6 speed, and it was a blast, the car was fast, but it majorly lacked the handling, I like you saw the flood of reviews that came out, I watched almost all of them I'm certain of it. They kept throwing the Si through the Californian canyon roads, and it didn't seem to faze the Si at all, one thing I noticed form all of them was the smiles on their faces when they were driving, this excited me, because it was at that point I knew this car was something special. The comment "This reminds me of the Honda's of the 90's" was the selling point for me.

My history with Honda isn't small, I've had an 87 Prelude, 93 Accord Coupe LX, 2001 S2000, and a 2006 Civic EX (One of my favorite car's I had with tuned suspension), and now I am the very proud owner of the 2022 Civic Si.

I found a dealership about 200 miles away and the Had a blue one that I missed, a white one that I missed, and then they had another white one come in, so I consider myself lucky to have gotten Platinum White Pearl. That weekend I was on a mission to get the other car sold so I could buy my Civic, I got two appraisals and the 2nd one got the Beetle. That following Monday I picked up my Si, like you I didn't test drive it because I already know this would be a car I would love.

The car is amazing, the handling is tight, the difference between Sports and Normal modes is actually noticeable, the way the steering tightens up and gives that feeling of control is addictive and leaves you thirsty for more. We don't have many twisty roads where I live, but every clover leaf, you better believe that I am taking it to the limit.

Not having the added features that the Canadian's get is a really bummer, I would like some of those features too, but I won't let that ruin the fun I am having with the car itself. And just looking at your picture there, can we all appreciate how well the cup holder design is on this car? ?

The pumped in audio is clever and gimmicky at the same time, it kinda gives you that sensation of speed while you aren't really going too fast. It's fun.

Over all I am having the best time with my car. I have 1200 miles on the clock and look forward to putting more miles on it and having fun.

To all the other Si Owners enjoy your cars, Honda really has hit this one out of the park.

Mods I have done so far: Tint, LED Reverse and Signals, Black Honda Civic Badges, and a red Acuity shift knob.

11th Gen Honda Civic Having best time with my 2022 Civic Si @ 1200 mile review IMG_8396.JPEG

11th Gen Honda Civic Having best time with my 2022 Civic Si @ 1200 mile review IMG_8494.JPEG

11th Gen Honda Civic Having best time with my 2022 Civic Si @ 1200 mile review IMG_8499.JPEG
Sponsored

Last edited:

Corey2k8g

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX/2022 Honda Civic SI
How did you change your badges? I got the instructions from work and they say to remove the front bumper and the trunk liner ?

OP
OP
01YLWS2k

01YLWS2k

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si, 2021 CRV
How did you change your badges? I got the instructions from work and they say to remove the front bumper and the trunk liner ?
We just took a thin pry tool to it, since the badges were so new they came off easy, didn’t remove bumper or truck lid liner.

The front has two pins and the kit comes with connectors. Based off how much adhesive is on the sticker we didn’t put the connecting tabs back on, but I still have them if we ever take the front bumper off.

Corey2k8g

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX/2022 Honda Civic SI
We just took a thin pry tool to it, since the badges were so new they came off easy, didn’t remove bumper or truck lid liner.

The front has two pins and the kit comes with connectors. Based off how much adhesive is on the sticker we didn’t put the connecting tabs back on, but I still have them if we ever take the front bumper off.
Thanks for the info. I've been hesitant to but them after reading the procedure. ?

OP
OP
01YLWS2k

01YLWS2k

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si, 2021 CRV
Thanks for the info. I've been hesitant to but them after reading the procedure. ?
I wouldn't sweat it at all, you got this. I expect to see pictures once you are done! ;)?

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatch Sport 6MT, 2022 Odyssey EXL
I'm not sure what it is about this picture, but that is the best angle I have seen of the 11th gen. It makes it look smaller and more sporty than any pic I've seen yet.

OP
OP
01YLWS2k

01YLWS2k

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si, 2021 CRV
I'm not sure what it is about this picture, but that is the best angle I have seen of the 11th gen. It makes it look smaller and more sporty than any pic I've seen yet.
Thank you, I take a lot of pictures of my car, I am sure people think I am weird, but to be honest I don't care. Thanks again, I am glad you enjoyed the photo.

Brendan

First Name
PwPSi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si
My story, I too had a Beetle 2.0T 6 speed, and it was a blast, the car was fast, but it majorly lacked the handling, I like you saw the flood of reviews that came out, I watched almost all of them I'm certain of it. They kept throwing the Si through the Californian canyon roads, and it didn't seem to faze the Si at all, one thing I noticed form all of them was the smiles on their faces when they were driving, this excited me, because it was at that point I knew this car was something special. The comment "This reminds me of the Honda's of the 90's" was the selling point for me.

My history with Honda isn't small, I've had an 87 Prelude, 93 Accord Coupe LX, 2001 S2000, and a 2006 Civic EX (One of my favorite car's I had with tuned suspension), and now I am the very proud owner of the 2022 Civic Si.

I found a dealership about 200 miles away and the Had a blue one that I missed, a white one that I missed, and then they had another white one come in, so I consider myself lucky to have gotten Platinum White Pearl. That weekend I was on a mission to get the other car sold so I could buy my Civic, I got two appraisals and the 2nd one got the Beetle. That following Monday I picked up my Si, like you I didn't test drive it because I already know this would be a car I would love.

The car is amazing, the handling is tight, the difference between Sports and Normal modes is actually noticeable, the way the steering tightens up and gives that feeling of control is addictive and leaves you thirsty for more. We don't have many twisty roads where I live, but every clover leaf, you better believe that I am taking it to the limit.

Not having the added features that the Canadian's get is a really bummer, I would like some of those features too, but I won't let that ruin the fun I am having with the car itself. And just looking at your picture there, can we all appreciate how well the cup holder design is on this car? ?

The pumped in audio is clever and gimmicky at the same time, it kinda gives you that sensation of speed while you aren't really going too fast. It's fun.

Over all I am having the best time with my car. I have 1200 miles on the clock and look forward to putting more miles on it and having fun.

To all the other Si Owners enjoy your cars, Honda really has hit this one out of the park.

Mods I have done so far: Tint, LED Reverse and Signals, Black Honda Civic Badges, and a red Acuity shift knob.

IMG_8396.JPEG

IMG_8494.JPEG

IMG_8499.JPEG
Looks great! What % tint is that? I’m getting mine tinted next week and can’t decide between 25% and 35%. I used to have 20% on my accord coupe but got pulled over so now I’m on the fence about what to get

OP
OP
01YLWS2k

01YLWS2k

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si, 2021 CRV
Looks great! What % tint is that? I’m getting mine tinted next week and can’t decide between 25% and 35%. I used to have 20% on my accord coupe but got pulled over so now I’m on the fence about what to get
Sorry for the late response. I did 5% in the rear and 15% in the front. I don't really have an issue seeing at night, it's what I've always ran on all of my cars. The 5% in the rear makes the front appear darker when you are looking in.
Sponsored