• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Headlight schematics?

Brisco

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Aegean Blue Civic Touring
Does anyone have access to the Honda database that would be able to give me the headlight schematics for the 11th generation headlights?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Brisco

Brisco

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I believe thatā€™s called the pin out but what Iā€™m looking at is the wiring schematic which would be possibly called a line diagram?

Is that the only plug on the back of these headlights? On the 10th generation it has 18 pin plug with seven wires in it and 13 pin plug with three wires in it.

sgtmorph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Sport Hatchback (BB)
I believe thatā€™s called the pin out but what Iā€™m looking at is the wiring schematic which would be possibly called a line diagram?

Is that the only plug on the back of these headlights? On the 10th generation it has 18 pin plug with seven wires in it and 13 pin plug with three wires in it.
Iā€˜ll have look tomorrow on PC.
The mobile version sucks.

OGGsr

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PWP 2022 Civic Si

I had the hood open on mine yesterday and noticed only one plug as far as I could tell. This is the first car I've owned with LED headlights. I assume if a diode (?) goes out, you have to replace the whole assembly?

sgtmorph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I had the hood open on mine yesterday and noticed only one plug as far as I could tell. This is the first car I've owned with LED headlights. I assume if a diode (?) goes out, you have to replace the whole assembly?
Happens all the time at the shop, if customer has an LED go out, we gotta eat the entire $700+ (lets say itā€™s a headlight or whatever) if itā€™s under warranty.

EZ fix for us as tech, but expensive AF for Honda Corpo ĀÆ\_(惄)_/ĀÆ

OP
OP
Brisco

Brisco

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Happens all the time at the shop, if customer has an LED go out, we gotta eat the entire $700+ (lets say itā€™s a headlight or whatever) if itā€™s under warranty.

EZ fix for us as tech, but expensive AF for Honda Corpo ĀÆ\_(惄)_/ĀÆ
What do you guys have to do with the warrantee headlights? I would love to get my hands on the 10th generation set of LED headlights that already need work. Since in my spare time I do custom work.

sgtmorph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What do you guys have to do with the warrantee headlights? I would love to get my hands on the 10th generation set of LED headlights that already need work. Since in my spare time I do custom work.
Unfortunately, I wouldnā€™t be able to get you a set. What typically happens, a customer brings their Honda to service. Headlight or taillight, if even a single LED goes out, and the customer is still under warranty, we replace the entire unit free. Then we send the faulted unit back to Corpo where they have techs look into what caused the failure.

OP
OP
Brisco

Brisco

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You talking about something like this?
This is one of the many pages related to the 2022 civics
86CBB697-CC17-411C-97AA-64C6DA57FECF.jpeg
So is this confirmed that this is the only plug on these 2022 headlights? Normally the eight pin is accessible but the three pin is off to the outer edge behind the inner fender. At least thatā€™s for the 10th GEN but itā€™s very possible this is the only one on the 11th

sgtmorph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So is this confirmed that this is the only plug on these 2022 headlights? Normally the eight pin is accessible but the three pin is off to the outer edge behind the inner fender. At least thatā€™s for the 10th GEN but itā€™s very possible this is the only one on the 11th
Iā€˜ll look again, I didnā€™t scroll thru all of it, I just noticed that part and snapped a pic. Iā€™ll get back to ya ??

OP
OP
Brisco

Brisco

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awesome information guys thank you so much. It looks like I canā€™t help anyone out with these. They are full on computer controlled.

OP
OP
Brisco

Brisco

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Is there a chance that somebody could take me a nice detailed photo of the headlight plug while itā€™s unplugged from the car. I just want to make sure what connecter it is. Front back side? Unless maybe somebody has an OEM part number?
Sponsored