• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Honda Hack / Root: 11th Gen - Work In Progress Discoveries

Jamieden

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Touring
While you're in there, scroll down to Window animation scale, Transition animation scale, and Animator duration scale and set them all to animation off. This will make inter-screen transitions faster and snappier.

You may also check the settings in the Default USB configuration menu to see if any of the options available are useful.

Lastly, I don't know if the setting called "Force allow apps on external" helps the cause.
I turned all settings that could help me with this endeavor on, but to no avail. It seems that when I tried to control the head unit with my android device and tried to change it to File Transfer mode, it forces it back to the default option. I can turn it on to MTP and PTP on both ends, but ADB fails to detect the device. My thought now is that the ADB mode needs to have a certain configuration and ignition mode set in order to actually work. Furthermore, this device does have Panasonic behind it, and it has a dedicated security app. My thought is that I can enable no background app processes instead of the default limit, and force the security app to close, or find something else.
Sponsored

Jamieden

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Touring
Additionally, even with “allow apps from unrecognized sources” enabled, the app manager has a separate system. However, in the security settings, you can see all the trusted providers and certificates. Might be able to spoof it?

Jamieden

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Touring
Here is an updated chart. It’s big, but I’m making sure not to exclude anything unless it’s a LONG list of options and they don’t help our cause at all
11th Gen Honda Civic Honda Hack / Root: 11th Gen - Work In Progress Discoveries 4A855A2E-D0F9-4B0E-ABF6-A9E453159417

Jamieden

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Touring
HOLD UP HOLD UP HOLD UP!! In the Developer Options settings, inside Default Apps, and inside “Opening Links”, the Swype app is set to “Open www.swype.com” MEANING if you change the DNS for swype.com, you can redirect it to another website!

sgtmorph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Sport Hatchback (BB)
HOLD UP HOLD UP HOLD UP!! In the Developer Options settings, inside Default Apps, and inside “Opening Links”, the Swype app is set to “Open www.swype.com” MEANING if you change the DNS for swype.com, you can redirect it to another website!
i guarantee if you made a YouTube channel and put everything you’re doing here into videos too, not saying it will go viral, but the progress y’all are making could help many others (especially the majority of folks who don’t know what forums even are)

either way, keep it up, we appreciate it 👍🏻

truonggiang152

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 11th
Nice job!

I just want to display album music cover over Bluetooth on my 7" Civic 11th screen. It's so boring!

Thank you!

Jamieden

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Touring
Crazy thought… what if we connected a peripheral to the USB? Since Android can use peripherals, maybe we can trick the head unit into going to the main menu screen or use a shortcut to go to settings

Jamieden

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Touring
New idea. Just tried my keyboard. I ordered a powered USB hub to see if that works, but the keyboard doesn’t work. What if we used the System Updates option and change the DNS to point to a local modified version of the update, or use a USB to load a modified version of the update file with specific apps/permissions? I’m sure you’d have to sign it and spoof legitimacy, but it could work

squish72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 ss camaro and soon 22 hatchback civic
Awesome work on this!

Jamieden

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Touring
OKOKOKOKOK! I used a powered USB hub, and I’m seeing a device while it’s in ADB mode! TIME TO TRY THE ADB DRIVERS ON FOR SIZE!

Jamieden

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Touring
OKOKOKOKOK! I used a powered USB hub, and I’m seeing a device while it’s in ADB mode! TIME TO TRY THE ADB DRIVERS ON FOR SIZE!
okay, so, it is picking up, but we need vendor keys.
11th Gen Honda Civic Honda Hack / Root: 11th Gen - Work In Progress Discoveries A4E69655-884A-4F69-B75E-51B2D137A4FE
11th Gen Honda Civic Honda Hack / Root: 11th Gen - Work In Progress Discoveries 21C180E1-B5B0-473C-95A0-2DCA64CA4F96

Jamieden

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Touring
Here’s what we got so far. You need a computer, the Android SDK Platform Tools (ADB), a USB A Male to USB A Male cable, and a powered USB Hub.

1. Hold HOME + POWER + PREVIOUS until you hear a boop sound
2. Hold BACK + POWER + NEXT until you hear a boop sound
3. Open the USB Mode menu
4. Change the mode from Normal to ADB Mode
5. Exit to main menu
6. Open General Settings
7. Go to System -> About -> Tap “Build Number” 10 times and activate Developer Mode
8. Go back to System and open Developer Options, and then open the menu Developer Option
9. Turn on Developer Options, and then turn on USB Debugging
10. Plug the male to male USB cable into the powered hub and turn it on
11. Plug the hub into your computer
12. Open a command line in the Platform Tools folder
13. Type “ADB devices”
14. Boom. It should show up.
From here, we need the ADB Vendor Keys. Once we get past this hurdle, I’ll update the steps

Last edited:

iLLNESS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 EG k20a2, 2017 Civic Touring
Here’s what we got so far. You need a computer, the Android SDK Platform Tools (ADB), a USB A Male to USB A Male cable, and a powered USB Hub.

1. Hold HOME + POWER + PREVIOUS until you hear a boop sound
2. Hold BACK + POWER + NEXT until you hear a boop sound
3. Open the USB Mode menu
4. Change the mode from Normal to ADB Mode
5. Exit to main menu
6. Open General Settings
7. Go to System -> About -> Tap “Build Number” 10 times and activate Developer Mode
8. Go back to System and open Developer Options, and then open the menu Developer Option
9. Turn on Developer OUSB Debugging
10. Plug the male to male USB cable into the powered hub and turn it on
11. Plug the hub into your computer
12. Open a command line in the Platform Tools folder
13. Type “ADB devices”
14. Boom. It should show up.
From here, we need the ADB Vendor Keys. Once we get past this hurdle, I’ll update the steps
this is essentially where things were left on page 2. No progress has been made since, as we are unable to authorize the device on the HU itself like android typically lets you do.

https://www.civicxi.com/forum/threa...ork-in-progress-discoveries.49933/post-823444

To my knowledge, the vendor keys are set on the HU (server) not the client. So either there’s a setting somewhere we need to unlock to enable a true adb connection, or there is a software method to enable it (boot loader scripts perhaps like with the Chinese software update scripts have done, or a special apk authorized by Honda).
Sponsored