• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Honda Hack / Root: 11th Gen - Work In Progress Discoveries

iLLNESS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 EG k20a2, 2017 Civic Touring
Just a note, idk if it's helpful. But if you go to the Detailed Information & Setting menu on the 9 inch, click Functional Setup, under Save User's memory if you have a USB drive plugged it it'll create an Android backup .ab file. After some research it looks like you can unpack and repack this file with a program as long as it's not password protected. You can then reimport the file from the same menu. I know at least a similar method was used to install apps on a 2018 accord. But the password was known for that file.
I’ve tried this but the drive just corrupted. I suppose it’s possible because it was fat32 formatted and the backup file it was trying to write was larger than 4GB.
I’ll get around to trying again another day but for those interested in checking it out don’t use fat32.

EDIT: exFAT doesn’t even get recognized as a drive. Have to get at it again when free!

EDIT2: Tried a different usb stick and dumped the settings with FAT32. This time it worked. system_setting_value.ab was dumped along with a completely file-less folder Android/data. Trying to convert the .ab file to a tar throws an error:

java -jar hbe.jar -tar system_setting_value.ab
counter es 31
Error. apps/ should be here
Seems like this isn't a complete android backup and is just a settings backup of some sort so injecting apps to restore is unlikely to work with this setting.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Jamieden

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Touring
11th Gen Honda Civic Honda Hack / Root: 11th Gen - Work In Progress Discoveries 7BE637E2-6D8A-44F1-8CE0-D5613B20023E

so I started digging, and this screen shows the USB status while in ADB mode. Not sure what to do with this information yet, but I’m assuming it’s in device mode rather than host mode. It needs power from the connected USB device. Gonna try with a USB A to A connector later

Wjasonh

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Has anyone seen this screen before. I was putting the combos mentioned in the is thread through their paces and somehow got here. Don’t know how.

11th Gen Honda Civic Honda Hack / Root: 11th Gen - Work In Progress Discoveries 2C4D9D7C-A5EA-48E3-8719-67FA3FCA71CF

Furrynips

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic; CR-V
Has anyone seen this screen before. I was putting the combos mentioned in the is thread through their paces and somehow got here. Don’t know how.

2C4D9D7C-A5EA-48E3-8719-67FA3FCA71CF.jpeg
Yes, I've had this, too, but I don't recall excactly what I did to get there so can't provide the steps to replicate it. I assume it's an anti-theft measure. If memory serves me correctly, turning the car and head unit off & then starting the car allows it to boot up normally again.

ThunderPigeon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Crystal Black Pearl Civic SI
Yes, I've had this, too, but I don't recall excactly what I did to get there so can't provide the steps to replicate it. I assume it's an anti-theft measure. If memory serves me correctly, turning the car and head unit off & then starting the car allows it to boot up normally again.
I just got this yesterday when I was removing my downpipe. I left the battery unplugged and about 45 min later when I plugged the battery back in and started the car the head unit was like this. I just held the power button and it went back to normal.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Integra 6spd A-Spec
7BE637E2-6D8A-44F1-8CE0-D5613B20023E.jpeg

so I started digging, and this screen shows the USB status while in ADB mode. Not sure what to do with this information yet, but I’m assuming it’s in device mode rather than host mode. It needs power from the connected USB device. Gonna try with a USB A to A connector later
Yes you need USB A to A cable. I can't see the unit in ADB but we're not getting the authorization message on the head unit to get any further

Jamieden

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Touring
Additionally,
Yes you need USB A to A cable. I can't see the unit in ADB but we're not getting the authorization message on the head unit to get any further
So, I got a USB A to A cable, and the PC doesn’t even notice that somethings there. I saw somewhere that you might be able to bypass this by using a powered USB hub, but I have my doubts. There must be a specific way to access ADB rather than just plugging random stuff in.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Integra 6spd A-Spec
Additionally,

So, I got a USB A to A cable, and the PC doesn’t even notice that somethings there. I saw somewhere that you might be able to bypass this by using a powered USB hub, but I have my doubts. There must be a specific way to access ADB rather than just plugging random stuff in.
Oh there is another screen to get it to a host mode. Look through this thread and you should see it.

Jamieden

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Touring
Oh there is another screen to get it to a host mode. Look through this thread and you should see it.
So, I did look through the thread, but it seems like it was for a different model. The button combos don’t match with the buttons that I have in my 22 Civic Touring

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Integra 6spd A-Spec
So, I did look through the thread, but it seems like it was for a different model. The button combos don’t match with the buttons that I have in my 22 Civic Touring
Do you have the 7" or 9" display?

DeviNoles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic LX Platinum White Pearl

2C4D9D7C-A5EA-48E3-8719-67FA3FCA71CF.jpeg
I get this every time after unplugging my battery to mess with my music.

Jamieden

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Touring
I think the issue is that we need to change the USB mode from host to device mode. Dunno how to do that on the 2022 model

Jamieden

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Touring
I’m going to try to connect without turning on ADB mode. Wish me luck!

Jamieden

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Touring
11th Gen Honda Civic Honda Hack / Root: 11th Gen - Work In Progress Discoveries DEE10AFA-F6EF-4175-AB19-C812E29EC864

Woah! By sheer accident, I found this menu. From the self diagnostics menu, I held “Back + Power + Previous”
Sponsored