• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Honda Sensing Gen XI User Reviews?

TheCanadian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Anyone upgrade from the X gen to the XI, and have some review on the new and improved Honda Sensing hardware?

I'm curious how the new camera (without radar) performs. Thanks!
Sponsored

slayerx02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 FG2 , 2020 FC3
I came from a 2020 Si, the Honda sensing on the XI hasn't freaked out on me yet. On the X it would freak out and slam on the brakes very often when a car in front of me starts slowing down to make a left or right hand turn. Maybe I'm following too closely, but it hasn't happen yet in the XI Si in the same situations.

Lane keep while in cruise mode at highway speed also negotiates long sweeping curves a lot smoother than my previous X Si.

zeroptzero

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si, 2022 Subaru WRX
I think the new setup is smoother than the 10th gen radar version, the 10th gen bumper cover would get dirty or snow covered at times. Probably better software on the new setup too.

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Sport Touring Hatch; '17 CR-V EX. Formerly '02 EP3.
Subscribed because I had the same question.

Also, how's the new system in inclement weather like plain ol' rain? Any signs that raindrops might be messing with the camera?

sgtmorph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Sport Hatchback (BB)
I currently have (or have had) the following Honda’s with Sensing:
2019 Passport
2020 Accord (traded for 22)
2022 Civic

I can honestly say, the 2022 civic sensing (with the camera only) performs much more accurately than my wife’s 2019 passport and the 2020 accord.

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
I have a 10th Gen Accord. Love the sensing in it. Coming from a VW Passat it was equal to the task but has more features than my previous VW.

Driving the 11th Gen Civic I appreciated the Touring's 10 dashboard screen. It shows the details of the road ahead giving confidence. It felt more natural in it's movements.

I'll be sad to lose low speed follow for my runs to the city but I'll be glad to gain a manual transmission. The 10 speed I currently have is an excellent auto however.

CeeBee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Accord Sport 2.0T 6MT - '21 Civic Hatch EX
We have an 11th and a 10th gen and I had a 10th gen accord before my hatch. The biggest thing I notice is the 11th gen is a lot less lazy about increasing speed. Say you're on a 2 lane highway and pull out from behind someone that's going slower than your set speed. The 11th says OK LETS GO. The wife's 10th gen is a lot lazier about it. Lane keep seems to work a bit better too.

For erratic stop and go traffic the Low Speed Follow is a bit aggressive on the brakes for my liking. Morning commute traffic makes it difficult to use ACC because people are too thick to understand what a safe following distance is. If there is a car sized hole they're going to go in it.

I got my 11th just as winter was winding down so I didn't have much time but no cases of the car complaining about the sensor (shouldn't be an issue anyhow since the radar sensor is gone in the 11th.

Overall I've been happy with the way it works in the 11th.

zeroptzero

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si, 2022 Subaru WRX
Subscribed because I had the same question.

Also, how's the new system in inclement weather like plain ol' rain? Any signs that raindrops might be messing with the camera?
It will shut down in some conditions when the windshield is obstructed, not normal rain though. Sometimes the windshield will get condensation in the morning , you might get super heavy rain which will affect it, but mostly good in most conditions. I've run it in heavy snow and ice and no issues. When it does go down it usually comes back up reasonably quick after conditions improve.
Sponsored