• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

st4xor

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan
Anyone can figure out the wheel setup? What are the profiles of the tires?
Any what front brakes are those?
Looks like a Paragon branded BBK up front. And they use about a million different wheel/tire setups (jealous), some appear to be slicks and others are continental extremecontact force (200tw enduro). The picture below has some Titan7's. Definitely a lot of stuff on this car that is not going to be factory/stock parts.

11th Gen Honda Civic Honda Teases 2022 Honda Civic Si Racing Model!! Screenshot 2021-10-11 8.46.32 PM
Sponsored

st4xor

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan
No interior, but also no cage. No brake cooling ducts up front. Stock/production looking exhaust. Street tires (200tw). And way more aero than would be allowed in the SRO TCA class. So this is probably more production Si than it is turn-key TCA HDP race car.

Do any other 10th gen Si owners remember getting a survey on or around 6/1/2020 from Honda/HPD about dealer-installed parts options for future civics? Subject was "A Parts Research Survey from Honda". When I go back and click the link, it says it the survey is closed but still has the Honda Racing HPD banner:

11th Gen Honda Civic Honda Teases 2022 Honda Civic Si Racing Model!! Screenshot 2021-10-11 9.24.03 PM

The survey was definitely from HPD (there were a bunch of questions about "what is your opinion of HPD", etc.), the org that does development of the SRO TCA Civic Si and the TC Civic Type R. So the premise was that this would notionally be distinct/different from the "HFP" (Honda Factory Performance) accessories offered in the past.

HPD is out testing a production-based Si with a bunch of bolt-on parts. Maybe they're just out having a damn good time (looks like they probably had a bunch of fun). Maybe its just a marketing stunt (yeah this is highly likely). But one can hope that there are maybe some consumer-oriented HPD bits lurking under there somewhere... and maybe they'll bolt on to my 10th gen ?

jd2157

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan MSM
I did hear some rumour awhile back that a Acura CUV was coming would more then likely be called the CDX. Still unconfirmed and would be a long way out.
Agreed. Ikeda seems to comment every now and then about the CDX coming to NA. He keeps saying there are no plans but that has to change eventually…seems the only thing they make money on are SUVs.

A CDX Type S would be a nice vehicle to move into after an Integra Type S.

jpn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jp
Looks like a Paragon branded BBK up front. And they use about a million different wheel/tire setups (jealous), some appear to be slicks and others are continental extremecontact force (200tw enduro). The picture below has some Titan7's. Definitely a lot of stuff on this car that is not going to be factory/stock parts.

Screenshot 2021-10-11 8.46.32 PM.png
Thanks for the info. Interesting they chose titan7 instead of bigger factories

TypeSiR

First Name
Car Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, CTR, MX-5, Fit
Thanks for the info. Interesting they chose titan7 instead of bigger factories
Titan 7 factory is in SoCal, 35 minutes from Honda headquarters (Torrance). Their wheels are very popular on the track due to almost unbeatable price/performance ratio (for forged wheels). However, best bang-for-buck are those MAT (flow formed) Enkei RPF1's seen on the Si race car.

jpn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jp
Titan 7 factory is in SoCal, 35 minutes from Honda headquarters (Torrance). Their wheels are very popular on the track due to almost unbeatable price/performance ratio (for forged wheels). However, best bang-for-buck are those MAT (flow formed) Enkei RPF1's seen on the Si race car.
Yes rpf1 really has the best price weight and quality ratio. except it's not concave enough for some BBK's. The next best option could be PF01. Still bit surprised that they would choose titan7.
(read with big big big bottle of salt. Not saying 7 is bad nor apex is better but if I were to choose pay titan7's price I would get made in japan enkeis or gram lights despite they are cast not forged.)

Ethan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Accord Sport 2.0T manual
I spotted the 9 inch touch screen in the 2022 Si race car opposed to the 7 inch in the EX models. Maybe this means we will also get the digital drivers display!

Hazardous3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si (Blazing Orange), 2016 370z Nismo
I spotted the 9 inch touch screen in the 2022 Si race car opposed to the 7 inch in the EX models. Maybe this means we will also get the digital drivers display!
Oh nice spot, you're right!
11th Gen Honda Civic Honda Teases 2022 Honda Civic Si Racing Model!! 9in Touch Screen Si 2022.PNG

Gino27

Red Rocket
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 si coupe
In the Topher’s review of the hatch ST, he mentions going out to California in “a few weeks” to test out the new Si. @15:42

OP
OP
TigerEyeJazz

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X2 M35i
In the Topher’s review of the hatch ST, he mentions going out to California in “a few weeks” to test out the new Si. @15:42
That’s what most said. Like I mentioned in another thread it would be mid October for reveal

Brendan

First Name
PwPSi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si
Was just about to call that out, you beat me to it haha

NorthernLaw

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type-R Boost Blue
I mean the wing you see here is for the race car version. The wing here has nothing to do with the production car at all. The CTR wing is the production wing.
I realize this now just making sure people dislike the way this is and know it's not here to stay by any means

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatch Sport 6MT, 2022 Odyssey EXL
I'm sorry, but this is not an attractive car.... quite the opposite really. A boring sedan with a huge rice wing. ?

11th Gen Honda Civic Honda Teases 2022 Honda Civic Si Racing Model!! 01 2022 Honda Civic Si Race Car - Team Honda Research West

JasNeo

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport (6MT)
I'm sorry, but this is not an attractive car.... quite the opposite really. A boring sedan with a huge rice wing. ?

01 2022 Honda Civic Si Race Car - Team Honda Research West.jpg
The wing won't be part of the production model if that's your worry. It's just for this specific track car. I do agree with everything else tho. It is just a boring sedan. I don't see the point of the camo if it's gonna look exactly like the Sedan anyways. Only difference I've seen so far is the dual exhaust tips
Sponsored