• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

How many FL5 type R Civics does Honda plan on building ...

OP
OP
Zone47

Zone47

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic type R, MK7 GTI, Toyota 4x4
So the way it seems to be; the dash plaque is the world wide build of the FL5 type R product which is cool to know ... with Japan keeping most of their cars.

I have a work order for my 2024/FL5 model car which arrived at it's destination in Marion, Oh on 12/15/23. It's the 1459th car built... which also matches the title. I have to assume that VIN number is numbered for USA only? I'm not sure about Canada or ROW cars.

Sorry, I get wrapped up in logistics and like knowing the rarity of these cars in the big scheme of things. :dunno:

OP
OP
Zone47

Zone47

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They'll probably make enough to match demand. Plenty to go around for everyone.
We should all buy two of them just to be sure in case something happens to the first one. :cry: It sounds like the peeps in Dallas are doing that already!

civic2tegg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Civic Sport 6MT, 99' Civic hatch
I think they built 48k FK8s so I would assume something similar on the FL5.

OP
OP
Zone47

Zone47

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think they built 48k FK8s so I would assume something similar on the FL5.
That's quite a few! Actually I think that would be good overall. More incentive for the aftermarket to support this car and more parts by Honda if needed. Someone said it will be a 3 year run, I guess time will tell.

civic2tegg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Civic Sport 6MT, 99' Civic hatch
That's quite a few! Actually I think that would be good overall. More incentive for the aftermarket to support this car and more parts by Honda if needed. Someone said it will be a 3 year run, I guess time will tell.
I agree with this. In addition as we move away from ICE the more K20c1 motors we can get into the world during this golden age the better. 10-20 years from now people are going to want these engines/ cars the more the better!!

OP
OP
Zone47

Zone47

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm probably the only odd ball with two.
Are you serious? FK8 and FL5 or two FL5s? 😲

I have (2) GTis ... does that count? :what:
Sponsored