• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

How many FL5 type R Civics does Honda plan on building ...

Zone47

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic type R, MK7 GTI, Toyota 4x4
... for the US market (and for other countries as well if anyone knows)? Also, if you can, list your plaque # ... that might give us somewhat of total as well? Thanks.

Mine is a 2024 / R-19,878 - USA
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Zone47

Zone47

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They'll probably make enough to match demand. Plenty to go around for everyone.
That's probably good overall.

I was thinking if they were a limited edition, they might hold their value better, on the other hand the more they make, the better the availability for parts and support.

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
I think its a three year run. This has been asked a million times on here and estimates are 10-14k US w Japan taking priority with a huge backlog. Hopefully an LE comes out next year.

OP
OP
Zone47

Zone47

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think its a three year run. This has been asked a million times on here and estimates are 10-14k US w Japan taking priority with a huge backlog. Hopefully an LE comes out next year.
Thanks, I did a number of searches but didn't find anything on production numbers. The main reason I asked is the dealer I purchased the car from said they sold 4 last year and mine was the first one they got for 2024.... that's not many per dealer if you think about it.

CaryH

First Name
Cary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 touring 2.0T, 2005 Toyota 4runner SR5, 2012 c
The badge numbers don't mean a thing boys you do know that ? Right?......

CaryH

First Name
Cary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 touring 2.0T, 2005 Toyota 4runner SR5, 2012 c
As of 2023 they sold 3300 in America, so if a three year run...

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
the dealer I purchased the car from said they sold 4 last year and mine was the first one they got for 2024.... that's not many per dealer if you think about it.
They're not distributed equally across dealerships, they're allocated to dealerships based on overall sales volume and Type-R sales volume. Your dealership may have gotten 4, while another might've gotten 14.

I thought it was build number. I wonder what the point is of a badge # is then?
Think of the R number as a little personification for your car--the build order is better reflected by the VIN.

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
If dealers keep shooting themselves in the foot trying to ask $10k over still they will stop producing sooner than later. Manufacturers only produce limited run vehicles as much as they see them sell.

1971Camaro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
subaru crosstrek
They're not distributed equally across dealerships, they're allocated to dealerships based on overall sales volume and Type-R sales volume. Your dealership may have gotten 4, while another might've gotten 14.

Think of the R number as a little personification for your car--the build order is better reflected by the VIN.
Yah, that's not the build order, but it does indeed represent the number produced worldwide at the time of that plate. For instance, most of us had numbers in the 2-4000s at the beginning of last year, and no one is seeing anything that low this year. So, it does give us a feel for what their overall production numbers are.

And yes, of course, as you and others have made clear on here... USA numbers can only be gleaned from the VIN.
Sponsored