• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Too many materials in the US FL5’s interior

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
What I'd really like in the back is an air vent - my poor kid roasts back there. Lack of an armrest seems miserly too.
Wonder how difficult it would be to make some sort of arm rest that secures itself in those ridiculous bottle holders.

To be honest I feel there is opportunity there to use the cupholders as base to hold stuff.
Sponsored

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Yeah, I agree with what folks are saying about the US FL5 back seat area. It’s strictly functional, which is fine with me, but definitely not great if you often have passengers. I actually like that the back is black, though. All the action is in front. However…if this were a $55k+ MSRP car, then yeah, I’d expect the same high level of quality/ matching materials throughout as well as additional creature comforts.

Yeah, I do think the US FL5 was outfitted for the US market because we do tend to “live” in our cars…and make long road trips and go thru drive-thrus, etc. etc. so our cars’ interiors take significant abuse. I have no supporting evidence, but, my generalized view is that I don’t think these are as large of factors in other countries as the US. With that said, I don’t plan to eat in my car a lot, but I’m glad the car didn’t come stock with the alcantara steering wheel and I really like the standard leather. My hands tend to sweat.😂

JDM_DOHC_SiR

Uncle Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 TLX Type-S / 2023 Civic Type-R / 2024 HRV EXL
What I'd really like in the back is an air vent - my poor kid roasts back there. Lack of an armrest seems miserly too.
I think I might have found all of the "required" OEM parts to make this work ( rear A/C vent )..... just need 2 more items to be verified. :coffee: once those parts have been sourced I'll be trying this out on the FL5....

Icehawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 CTR #3177
I think I might have found all of the "required" OEM parts to make this work ( rear A/C vent )..... just need 2 more items to be verified. :coffee: once those parts have been sourced I'll be trying this out on the FL5....
https://mikstoreph.com/products/civ...2&_sid=55631c929&_ss=r&variant=42560499351802

I gather the negative is you have the tube running through the armrest bin, sounds like a reasonable trade to me tbh. I do wonder about buying a bin from a market that has the A/C tube and what that'd look like/cost.

$300 for rear A/C (and USB)... I really should consider for my poor kid.

JDM_DOHC_SiR

Uncle Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 TLX Type-S / 2023 Civic Type-R / 2024 HRV EXL
https://mikstoreph.com/products/civ...2&_sid=55631c929&_ss=r&variant=42560499351802

I gather the negative is you have the tube running through the armrest bin, sounds like a reasonable trade to me tbh. I do wonder about buying a bin from a market that has the A/C tube and what that'd look like/cost.

I have seen that before and our console has a bit more room under the drink holders and arm test than the Longer arm rest version.
The part that I’m looking at will allow us to run the rear A/C vent without having to chop up the arm rest section like the version they offer.
There seems to be 2 part numbers for the lower rear vent that goes under the arm rest from overseas versions …
Once I get that info back I’ll try it out..:hmm:

FK8JIN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A91 Supra, Focus RS, BB FK8, BB FL5
I was also bothered by the difference in materials, I ended up changing out the shift boot and steering wheel for the OEM Honda alcantara options. Looks way better!

11th Gen Honda Civic Too many materials in the US FL5’s interior Screen Shot 2023-05-07 at 11.28.05 PM

SKINNIE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ISF, 23' BB FL5

Same here. Summer temps are starting to come up real fast here in Tx. My kids are miserable sitting back there 😂

Pzb

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
Not sure why, but the USDM FL5s have a clash of materials used on the inside, and it kinda bothers me a bit. The front seats are fabulous, but then you have suede on the armrests and center console, leather on the steering wheel and shift boot, and some cloth material for the backseats. The JDM and UKDM models have a matching suede for the steering wheel and shift boot, as well as for the backseats, and to me, they look nicer and more consistent. I know I can get the alcantara steering wheel in the US, but no OEM shift boot to match, and no back seat. Anyone else bothered a bit by this? I would like to have it looks cleaner, but not sure where I can get OEM parts that work.
This is the arrangement used for the generation 10 - Type R. Leather steering wheel, leather shift boot. Suede door and armrest. Backseats are cheap fabric to save cost. The mid cycle release will most likely have what you want to boost sales. The vehicles are priced way higher in Japan and UK fyi. It’s about balancing cost versus sales.

CaryH

First Name
Cary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 touring 2.0T, 2005 Toyota 4runner SR5, 2012 c
Not sure why, but the USDM FL5s have a clash of materials used on the inside, and it kinda bothers me a bit. The front seats are fabulous, but then you have suede on the armrests and center console, leather on the steering wheel and shift boot, and some cloth material for the backseats. The JDM and UKDM models have a matching suede for the steering wheel and shift boot, as well as for the backseats, and to me, they look nicer and more consistent. I know I can get the alcantara steering wheel in the US, but no OEM shift boot to match, and no back seat. Anyone else bothered a bit by this? I would like to have it looks cleaner, but not sure where I can get OEM parts that work.
Yes, u can look around shift boots are being custom made to order in the US,any way you want it double stitched etc...different countries different options....oh well.

albi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
Overland designs has great quality stuff and can alcantara wrap anything you want in the interior (even if not on the website, if you reach out to him he will do whatever you want). @elusiveaura even has the full center console wrapped in alcantara here [https://www.civicxi.com/forum/threa...-center-console-is-amazing.51969/#post-860699]. You can also get suede rear seat covers to replace the cloth if that is what you are looking for. Hit up @l1mtd_r on IG, he has black or red.

S/O @Tickle for beating me here and posting my IG photos of the rear seats. Here are the overland designs shift boot and side console trims as well as the suede rear seats from @l1mtd_r.

11th Gen Honda Civic Too many materials in the US FL5’s interior Screenshot_20230409_123145_Gallery

11th Gen Honda Civic Too many materials in the US FL5’s interior 20230429_122426

11th Gen Honda Civic Too many materials in the US FL5’s interior 20230429_134338

11th Gen Honda Civic Too many materials in the US FL5’s interior 20230429_115519

Yayo

First Name
Hermann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 MY23
In Spain are not avaliable the seats back protectors

11th Gen Honda Civic Too many materials in the US FL5’s interior not avaliable

Yayo

First Name
Hermann