• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

I bloody love my new CTR

blueCTRRR

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Blue civic Type R
New member here and proud owner of a blue CTR.

I recently sold my Porsche 911 turbo in exchange for this civic and could not be happier. It is an absolutely joy to drive and I have put about 4000 miles on it in the past couple of months already (a lot for me). I am just addicted to taking it for random drives around my local B roads here in the UK.

The porsche felt so boring and unengaging to drive compared to the civic. The civic has so much of a fun factor, it is light and agile and the way it pulls out of corners is mind blowing.

I took it to milbrook proving ground last week to get some advanced / track driving tuition and had the instructor give me a passenger ride in the civic around the test track and alpine loops as I had to see first hand what these cars are capable of.... wow. These things grip and grip beyond belief... The instructor said it is the first time he has driven one of these brand new ones and said it is very well set up out of the factory.

It was funny when I took it round the test circuit, driving it as hard as I thought it could go in the bends then having the instructor tell me to push even harder and that the car wasn't even breaking sweat. To prove it he showed me the data log in the car afterwards and I was scoring about 40 out of 100 for grip utilisation. He managed to get it up to about 85 out of 100 and told me he wasn't even pushing that hard.

I can't wait to get it on track now summer is finally here.

How is everyone else enjoying theirs?
Sponsored

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Integra 6spd A-Spec
This is amazing to hear how much your enjoying this coming from a Porsche. I hope the ITS has a similar experience.

FL5 CTR

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type R
I came from a 981 GT4 and a Focus RS to the CTR to simplify my life a bit. GT4 is definitely a different car than a 911T, so I have a little different perspective but similar. The CTR is like a FWD version of the GT4 to me. It’s the FWD car Porsche would make if they made a FWD 4banger. Absolutely loving mine. Such a great do everything car. Not the fastest thing on the street but plenty of power and decent gas mileage when you want it. Livable every day. Nice features. Sharp but subtle styling. Definitely worth the entry price within reason.

OP
OP

blueCTRRR

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Blue civic Type R
I have also owned an M5, a Nissan GTR and an audi RS6 and can say the civic is a LOT more fun than all of those. On B roads it is absolute perfection. I agree not the fastest in a straight line but I really don't care. Straight line acceleration gets boring very quickly. A B road blast in the civic however never gets boring and I find myself seeking out the best driving roads (something I never did in any of my other cars, not even the GTR).

Here is a quick pic of her.

11th Gen Honda Civic I bloody love my new CTR civic

OP
OP

blueCTRRR

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Blue civic Type R
This is amazing to hear how much your enjoying this coming from a Porsche. I hope the ITS has a similar experience.
I was concerned that it would feel like a backward step but it really doesn't as for what I want a car to do (be exciting to drive round country roads), this is leaps ahead of the Porsche.

What do you mean ITS?

Miami_TypeR

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
I was concerned that it would feel like a backward step but it really doesn't as for what I want a car to do (be exciting to drive round country roads), this is leaps ahead of the Porsche.

What do you mean ITS?
ITS= Integra Type S

coo1rim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 civic, 2006 yaris, 2008 rav4, 2012 carmy, 2017 Civic 2.0L 6MT
Can't even order one here in Canada. Sad, cause I won't have the opportunity to pass one of these, at the local racetrack, in my 2023 Elantra N 6MT.

CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R, LS Swapped FC3S
Can't even order one here in Canada. Sad, cause I won't have the opportunity to pass one of these, at the local racetrack, in my 2023 Elantra N 6MT.
Haha. It’s good to have goals in life. Even if you never achieve them. Come down to the US racetracks if you really want to see what a CTR looks like from behind.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Integra 6spd A-Spec

TDC50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Type R, C7 Corvette Grand Sport, Alfa Gulia
I echo the thoughts here. This Type R is more fun from 100mph and under than some high HP cars I previously and currently own; GT350, C7 Grand Sport Corvette and Challenger 392 Widebody. Straight line speed is not what makes a car a joy to drive.

Its just feels so light on its feet and the inputs are very precise. gearbox is a gem. So happy with this car.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Integra 6spd A-Spec
I echo the thoughts here. This Type R is more fun from 100mph and under than some high HP cars I previously and currently own; GT350, C7 Grand Sport Corvette and Challenger 392 Widebody. Straight line speed is not what makes a car a joy to drive.

Its just feels so light on its feet and the inputs are very precise. gearbox is a gem. So happy with this car.
Well this makes me feel better about spending 50k on the platform..

TDC50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Type R, C7 Corvette Grand Sport, Alfa Gulia
Yeah that article was unreadable. Real journalism is dead.

coo1rim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 civic, 2006 yaris, 2008 rav4, 2012 carmy, 2017 Civic 2.0L 6MT

AT Toronto Motorsport Park (smaller track), only turn 1 and 2 are over 100mph, which makes EN fast they R.
Sponsored