• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Infotainment System runs Android v8.1.0

eric__

First Name
eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Touring (Meteorite Gray)
While I was trying to troubleshoot an intense lag issue when the car starts up, I found the infotainment system is running Android v8.1.0 (a 4 year old OS)

Tapping Build Number 10 times unlocks Developer Mode just like on Android phones and gives you other information like RAM usage. This particular unit has 4GB of RAM.

Here's some screenshots:
11th Gen Honda Civic Infotainment System runs Android v8.1.0 IMG_3567

11th Gen Honda Civic Infotainment System runs Android v8.1.0 IMG_3568

I may venture down the path of rooting just to see what all can be done on it!
Sponsored

pgn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic HB Sport Touring, 2017 Civic HB EX-L
OP
OP
eric__

eric__

First Name
eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Touring (Meteorite Gray)
Nope. I tried seeing if I could get more access like with adb or sideloading APKs but could not figure out a way and haven't tried since. I don't get the issue too often if I use stock Apple CarPlay with Apple Maps. I also resort to making any music changes or navigation choices straight from my phone to prevent having to deal with the lagginess. Basically all workarounds for now. Honda is going to have to do something to change how it uses RAM or upgrade hardware and I doubt they will honestly do anything about it.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Civic Hatch
Can you disable unnecessary apps to potentially reduce the system load? I am always annoyed by sluggish systems (it's 2022 already). Also, did you ever fix the horrible boot lag?

kanav

First Name
Kanav
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si Black
Do you know of any way to reboot the system without factory reset?
Sponsored