• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Interior noises - rattles, creaks, squeaks!

OP
OP
ncryptm3

ncryptm3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
There’s a video on YouTube. It looks really easy to do. For your sake, I’d just go ahead and do it myself. Plus I hate letting dealers touch my car
I don’t mind letting the dealer fix it. We will see.
Sponsored

garoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R - Championship White, 2006 Honda Civic Si - Fiji Blue Pearl
Dealership is now telling me that this isn’t a daily driver.
I always say that when one buys a car, they’re also buying into the brand, and into the dealerships. Which is why a $60k Civic (not what you paid) is not okay under any circumstance.

I am most certainly on my last Honda.

JAMSXR

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C63
I always say that when one buys a car, they’re also buying into the brand, and into the dealerships. Which is why a $60k Civic (not what you paid) is not okay under any circumstance.

Paying more for a car doesn’t mean a better dealer service. I’ve had crap experiences with both M and AMG, it seems to be a lot of car dealers In general. I know people fighting both Porsche and McLaren… The new Lotus Emira is having its share of issues as well.

The OPs dealer sound like the major problem here.

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
Dealership is now telling me that this isn’t a daily driver.
This is laughable. The CTR is very much a daily driver and it's not this track ready car Honda purports it to be. A track ready car is a Porsche GT3 or a Lotus Exige. It sounds like you've had a rough go getting these issues resolved. It may be time to cut bait on this car. Have you looked into Lemon Laws in your state? Have you considered trading the vehicle in or selling outright to CarMax, GMTV, Carvana, etc.?

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5

Find the car, find the dealer, find the sales associate. That is how I view it. It is hard to argue with logic. The place has to be worthy of your business.

No one likes a problem. I don't care what you pay for it. Not the manufacturer, not the dealer, not the buyer. That said, problems are not exclusive to Honda. I will never buy a Hyundai/Kia/Genesis product due to multiple issues and shit representations of their brand. So I understand where you are coming from.

OP
OP
ncryptm3

ncryptm3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
This is laughable. The CTR is very much a daily driver and it's not this track ready car Honda purports it to be. A track ready car is a Porsche GT3 or a Lotus Exige. It sounds like you've had a rough go getting these issues resolved. It may be time to cut bait on this car. Have you looked into Lemon Laws in your state? Have you considered trading the vehicle in or selling outright to CarMax, GMTV, Carvana, etc.?
Yea I couldn't believe they said that. I haven't looked deep into the lemon laws yet, I have glanced over a few times because I was really hoping that these would be fixed. I didn't want to get rid of the car, but now I think I am going to have to. Carvana offered a low price, and I haven't went to carmax yet. I may list it for sale now too or just trade it in. I don't really know what to do honestly, I am weighing all the options. I havea buy back case opened with Honda corporate, so thats the first place I am starting.

elusiveaura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R - SGP
My first fk8 I had, I had suspension issues for 2 months and kept taking it back to the dealer near me. (We have 3 nearby). Well they would never fix the issue even though they heard it and I finally had the district rep come out and hear it. Trying to make long story short the dude was crap and said the suspension makes noise because “it’s a race car for the road”. I obviously don’t buy that because the suspension literally rattled over bumps. I finally tried another dealer and the very first visit the tech road with me, heard the issue and confirmed it wasn’t normal and proceeded to order and install a new RF suspension. Noise gone.

Moral of story is to try another dealer. Some suck. Others don’t.

Yea I couldn't believe they said that. I haven't looked deep into the lemon laws yet, I have glanced over a few times because I was really hoping that these would be fixed. I didn't want to get rid of the car, but now I think I am going to have to. Carvana offered a low price, and I haven't went to carmax yet. I may list it for sale now too or just trade it in. I don't really know what to do honestly, I am weighing all the options. I havea buy back case opened with Honda corporate, so thats the first place I am starting.

OP
OP
ncryptm3

ncryptm3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
My first fk8 I had, I had suspension issues for 2 months and kept taking it back to the dealer near me. (We have 3 nearby). Well they would never fix the issue even though they heard it and I finally had the district rep come out and hear it. Trying to make long story short the dude was crap and said the suspension makes noise because “it’s a race car for the road”. I obviously don’t buy that because the suspension literally rattled over bumps. I finally tried another dealer and the very first visit the tech road with me, heard the issue and confirmed it wasn’t normal and proceeded to order and install a new RF suspension. Noise gone.

Sure but for me to try a new dealer I’ll have to drive 2-3 hours. It’s one of the reasons I didn’t get a BMW or Audi. I wanted a dealer in my town.

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5

Exactly this story here.

My GF had a Hyundai with the 2.4L in it when I met her. The engine sounded awful. She said she has repeatedly spoken with the dealership about it and got nowhere. I felt, well I'm in the business. I know people there. I'll try too.

The dealer said, that it is normal to make this noise and that there is nothing they can do. Weeks later she was visiting family who also couldn't believe the noise. They suggested she go to their local Hyundai. They couldn't believe the noise either. Asked if they could keep the car for a week.

A week later they called and said they replaced the engine.

This was before it was public knowledge how absolute dog shit that engine is. (Now Hyundai dealers keep that motor in their parts inventory).

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
Sure but for me to try a new dealer I’ll have to drive 2-3 hours. It’s one of the reasons I didn’t get a BMW or Audi. I wanted a dealer in my town.
And you shouldn't have to do that. However, in this circumstance is it possibly worth your time? I hope this gets resolved for you.

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
If the rattles, creaks, and squeaks are popping up unabated with no fix from the dealer, I suggest moving on. I say this because it seems to really bother you. Everyone has a different threshold for inconveniences and that's fine. The worst thing is to be annoyed every time you get into your car. I don't think that's the experience you expected or want from this car.

I don't want to turn this into an ADM debate but this is one of the many instances where paying an ADM gets a little dicey. I hope you're able to either get this resolved by Honda or you're able to get out of the car free and clear from a financial standpoint. Good luck and let us know how it goes for you.

Mimzie2763

First Name
Parker
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Toyota Supra Turbo 6MT, 2023 FL5
I hope you do not get rid of this car for a creaky seat. I currently have the same issue. It does not bother me that much, eventually i will get it fixed but at least you are not having the same issue as Elantra N owners ( replacing engines, clutches installed backwards, bad injectors, chipping paint from tailights rubbing, etc...).

garoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R - Championship White, 2006 Honda Civic Si - Fiji Blue Pearl
Find the car, find the dealer, find the sales associate. That is how I view it. It is hard to argue with logic. The place has to be worthy of your business.

No one likes a problem. I don't care what you pay for it. Not the manufacturer, not the dealer, not the buyer. That said, problems are not exclusive to Honda. I will never buy a Hyundai/Kia/Genesis product due to multiple issues and shit representations of their brand. So I understand where you are coming from.
It’s not that easy for everyone. Some people live in a small town and have 1 or no dealers. They would need to drive hours to get to one: add the miles and inconvenience to that.

So it’s fair to expect any Honda branded dealership to behave consistently, even if they’re independent.

Honda is notorious to have an absolutely disastrously bad dealer network. Terrible. Liars. Left and right. The good ones are scarce.

Even when you find a good dealer, people and management change all the time. It will not always be good unless Honda was consistent. It’s ultimately a Honda corporate problem.

So, buying into the dealer and brand is a very real thing.
Sponsored