• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Interior noises - rattles, creaks, squeaks!

First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' CTR LE (USA-115), 06' Element EX
Some nice dash rattling to add to the fun.

Gah...... There is a lemon law in AZ. But it might be too late. What is your milage? Says 15 days or 500 miles...

https://www.dmv.org/az-arizona/automotive-law/lemon-law.php

I will say none of this should be happening with a new car. I've had 2 FK8's. Neither of them (current or prior) had/have any rattles, squeaks or creaks. I get a slight buzz in the dash at 4500 RPM but it's not bad. Happened in both cars.

Anyhow, a replacement is what you need at this point. Tell em' it's a lemon. Good luck my friend!

garoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R - Championship White, 2006 Honda Civic Si - Fiji Blue Pearl
My FK8 never did any of this, zero rattles. Nor did my FG2 or any other Honda I’ve owned. So this is definitely not a “civic thing” and not a “the type r is pure and raw” thing.

OP
OP
ncryptm3

ncryptm3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
Gah...... There is a lemon law in AZ. But it might be too late. What is your milage? Says 15 days or 500 miles...

https://www.dmv.org/az-arizona/automotive-law/lemon-law.php

I will say none of this should be happening with a new car. I've had 2 FK8's. Neither of them (current or prior) had/have any rattles, squeaks or creaks. I get a slight buzz in the dash at 4500 RPM but it's not bad. Happened in both cars.

Anyhow, a replacement is what you need at this point. Tell em' it's a lemon. Good luck my friend!
I’m a little over 3k miles now. I’m going to contact the dealer again and see how it goes. I’m just so tired of dealing with it.

OP
OP
ncryptm3

ncryptm3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
My FK8 never did any of this, zero rattles. Nor did my FG2 or any other Honda I’ve owned. So this is definitely not a “civic thing” and not a “the type r is pure and raw” thing.
💯

garoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That’s just the dash. The glove box area still rattles and now somewhere near the door / pillar.
To me it sounds like a wire harness not properly padded. So it’s consistently banging against something. The loud and consistent ones are somewhat easier than the subtle and temperature related ones. But taking apart a dash is not fun at all.

This sucks. I hope you didn’t pay a hefty markup on this car.

OP
OP
ncryptm3

ncryptm3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
To me it sounds like a wire harness not properly padded. So it’s consistently banging against something. The loud and consistent ones are somewhat easier than the subtle and temperature related ones. But taking apart a dash is not fun at all.

This sucks. I hope you didn’t pay a hefty markup on this car.
I paid about 5k in markup, which I never would "normally" do that, but I decided I would with this one because it was supposed to so much better....

garoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I paid about 5k in markup, which I never would "normally" do that, but I decided I would with this one because it was supposed to so much better....
Not terrible. Did you also have the seat rattle? Gone?

tfcivicfl5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
I have the dreaded infotainment rattle in my fl5 and glove box rattle. Any fix or tsb?