• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Is everyone having a hard time getting parts?

OP
OP
Bbfl5

Bbfl5

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fl5 type r
I had a brand new evolution 8 back in 04 and pretty much built it in a few months. Hks turbo kit, built motor, kw suspension the whole 9 yards. they were just as few as FL5 ctr and the parts were plentiful and easy to get.
Sponsored

Samurai1225

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
My new car is parked right now because my dealership couldn't locally source that crappy designed coolant expansion tank so I have to wait a week for it to come in from California.

Zone47

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic type R, MK7 GTI, Toyota 4x4
My new car is parked right now because my dealership couldn't locally source that crappy designed coolant expansion tank so I have to wait a week for it to come in from California.
What is the problem with those things, are they seamed and spitting or what?

hhkb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
called a few places for a ITS ADS module and it's nationally back-ordered. Got an email that one place is expecting restock in 2 weeks though.

Samurai1225

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
What is the problem with those things, are they seamed and spitting or what?
Yes it is a horrible design. It's 2-piece plastic with a seem in the middle that is super prone to leaking. I have coolant all over the back side of my engine compartment where it failed at the seem. There are a few aftermarket replacements. I went with the Mishimoto which is a 1-piece aluminum (Black or Red) that has a site window for coolant level.

OP
OP
Bbfl5

Bbfl5

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fl5 type r
I'm glad yall are posting different things that have to be replaced. That way at least I can start to look at fail rates and try to replace things with better quality parts.
Sponsored