• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Is it possible to make the Type R seats heated?

dathoneycomb

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SI coupe rr
Do you really want heated seats that bad or is this just one of those things like fog lights that don’t matter, but people seem to focus on when comparing car specs?

I went through that phase myself with both features for a bit, questioning the value I was getting for the dollar paid, but neither of those things are necessary, like at all, when you think about it. Alcantara seats don’t ever really feel cold to the touch like leather. I never felt like I needed the seats to be heated over the winter up here in Michigan.

That said, I’m sure if you really want them you can put Integra or Civic touring seats (and the supporting wiring and switch) in your car. I’d just much rather have the FL5 seats myself.

Dongespe

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic HB Sport
Do you really want heated seats that bad or is this just one of those things like fog lights that don’t matter, but people seem to focus on when comparing car specs?

I went through that phase myself with both features for a bit, questioning the value I was getting for the dollar paid, but neither of those things are necessary, like at all, when you think about it. Alcantara seats don’t ever really feel cold to the touch like leather. I never felt like I needed the seats to be heated over the winter up here in Michigan.

That said, I’m sure if you really want them you can put Integra or Civic touring seats (and the supporting wiring and switch) in your car. I’d just much rather have the FL5 seats myself.
This was why I stayed away from the type R. I absolutely love and admire the car, however I would not want to drive it every day.

dathoneycomb

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SI coupe rr
It’s great to drive every day though. :)
Sponsored