• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Is there an official fix for Si seat noise?

Naija Bull

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si, 2017 Si (past), 2015 Si (past)
As some of you know, the Si driver seat squeaks/creaks a lot. The unofficial "fix" for this is to pump up the height adjustment atleast once, but is there an official fix to eliminate this issue permanently? I have had the seat frames replaced atleast twice by the dealers to no avail. Has anybody found an official fix to this? Also is this a major issue, or just simply a minor annoyance?
Sponsored

kanav

First Name
Kanav
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si Black
No fix, everyone I know pumps it up once lol

heavyD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F87
I will say that these are really noisy cars. So many rattles. It's almost like Honda designed the cars and Subaru built them as my 2013 STI was the last car I owned that rattled this much inside.

VegasSi

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Si
Mine has no squeaks or rattles. Maybe I just got lucky. Only noise is get is from the tires. Definitely a lot of road noise.

McSwine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Si, '09 Porsche Boxster
Mine has no squeaks or rattles. Maybe I just got lucky. Only noise is get is from the tires. Definitely a lot of road noise.
Same here, exactly. Bad tire roar on crappy roads is my only complaint.

VegasSi

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Si
Same here, exactly. Bad tire roar on crappy roads is my only complaint.
3,500 miles in, I now have a few rattles and squeaks. Especially in the early morning when engine is cold, I could hear vibrations up front near A pillars and windshield think

heavyD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F87
3,500 miles in, I now have a few rattles and squeaks. Especially in the early morning when engine is cold, I could hear vibrations up front near A pillars and windshield think
Passenger side? I have this as well. I took off the passenger door panel and took the dash apart on the passenger side and lined surfaces with Dynamat and sound insulating foam but I still get the rattle in that corner of the car especially at startup. I'm beginning to wonder if it's the windshield or something external to the interior. It's driving me nuts.
Sponsored