• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Jailbroken ECU with Emissions problem/rev matching

Mimzie2763

First Name
Parker
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Toyota Supra Turbo 6MT, 2023 FL5
Hi,

I just installed my jail broken ECU i received from Hondata today. (I have not installed any tune yet) I turned the car on and had the emissions/no rev matching error code. I drove the car for like 1.5 miles and the errors have not gone away.

Any help would be appreciated.
Sponsored

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
If you have not contacted Hondata yet, I would start there.

Splice247

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Type R
I would start by scanning for codes, the rev match will disable with any check engine code, so could be anything. Also you may need to drive longer, is your Vsa and stability control lights on? It takes a drive after disconnecting the battery to reactivate the systems

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
This sounds like the cel that has been thrown by many including mine. Dealer reset mine and it never came back. Others have had a solenoid replaced.

OP
OP

Mimzie2763

First Name
Parker
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Can you put a review on here as to how much performance boost your car has now compared to factory? FL5
Thank You
I can feel a minor difference in power, more so in throttle response. It is supposedly adding 10-15 whp to the car. I am waiting on the TSP downpipe and will purchase their tune to add to it.

Fl5ap

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
I can feel a minor difference in power, more so in throttle response. It is supposedly adding 10-15 whp to the car. I am waiting on the TSP downpipe and will purchase their tune to add to it.
Can you feel any noticeable difference while driving "normal" around town with the Hondata compared to stock ECU?

I mainly drive with the family in the car.

OP
OP

Mimzie2763

First Name
Parker
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Can you feel any noticeable difference while driving "normal" around town with the Hondata compared to stock ECU?

I mainly drive with the family in the car.
I can not tell the difference when driving normally. It does feel a little smoother, though. But when I am WOT, I can tell the difference for sure. It really kicks me back in my seat. I highly recommend sending your ECU to Hondata; as soon as it arrived at their facility, I received a notification that it was arriving the next day. Very impressive service!!!

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
The difference shouldn't be minor. Hondata is claiming substantive gains over stock on 93 octane. The area under the curve is quite large with some parts of the powerband seeing ~60 wtq and ~50whp.

OP
OP

Mimzie2763

First Name
Parker
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The difference shouldn't be minor. Hondata is claiming substantive gains over stock on 93 octane. The area under the curve is quite large with some parts of the powerband seeing ~60 wtq and ~50whp.
Hondata did the test to the hubs. TSP stated the difference is around 15 whp and 35 ft lbs torque on a dyno jet.

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
I can not tell the difference when driving normally. It does feel a little smoother, though. But when I am WOT, I can tell the difference for sure. It really kicks me back in my seat. I highly recommend sending your ECU to Hondata; as soon as it arrived at their facility, I received a notification that it was arriving the next day. Very impressive service!!!
What currier did you use - did you max insure it?