• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

JDM vs USDM Differences

Trey

R-00621
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR #00621 - sold | 2023 CTR #16980
It's not so much a reflector as it is a sidemarker. The tail lights look nearly identical with the lights off. There is a small recess where the light passes through on the USDM version. Once illuminated you can see the difference. It's the same for the headlights. There's a small recess in the amber sidemarker where the light passes through. That same recess does not exist on the JDM headlight. Too much information and a minor detail but there's a distinction nonetheless.
Like three leds on each corner for the usdm ones. 👍🏻
Sponsored

drac

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5, Legacy GT, 996C4S, Elise, AMV8V, A6 3.0BiTdi
In NZ we got all the stuff listed above on the JDM versions but none come with Bose. It’s a bit weird as the base Civic in NZ does come with Bose. FYI the non Bose stereo is pretty terrible.

We also get auto dimming mirror and auto dimming headlights.

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
In NZ we got all the stuff listed above on the JDM versions but none come with Bose. It’s a bit weird as the base Civic in NZ does come with Bose. FYI the non Bose stereo is pretty terrible.

We also get auto dimming mirror and auto dimming headlights.
Yes, that's right. NZ, AUS, and other markets (Europe) have a number of the standard JDM features.

The Bose system isn't very good in the FL5 either so you're not missing much. I've watched several reviews where effusive praise is heaped on the Bose system and I'm not seeing it. I'm not an audiophile either, but it's no different than any other factory car audio Bose product. It's average at best and designed to appeal to the masses. Brand perception for Bose is favorable so the way they've positioned themselves in the factory car audio solutions space makes perfect sense.

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Yes, that's right. NZ, AUS, and other markets (Europe) have a number of the standard JDM features.

The Bose system isn't very good in the FL5 either so you're not missing much. I've watched several reviews where effusive praise is heaped on the Bose system and I'm not seeing it. I'm not an audiophile either, but it's no different than any other factory car audio Bose product. It's average at best and designed to appeal to the masses. Brand perception for Bose is favorable so the way they've positioned themselves in the factory car audio solutions space makes perfect sense.
Well said. The Bose system is OK and does not live up to the brand hype. It is functional ; Good enough for many. Anyone who says the system is amazing is simply inexperienced and/or getting paid to lie. LOL! The speakers are as cheaply made as one can imagine. For this simple reason alone, the system’s sound quality is limited from the start. Check the speaker upgrade thread that @Icehawk put together and you’ll see what you’re missing out on.😂
Sponsored