• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Spoon Side Mirrors for USDM

OP
OP
albi

albi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
these are Suma?? I see no logo
It is there, just blends in at that angle but if you zoom in you can see it slightly

DeVo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type-R #21399 (sold). 2023 Type-R #912
This one is a little easier to see but still slight.

Screenshot_20230607_223621_Gallery.jpg
Ohh, I see now. I was about to very upset that a version without the logo now existed.

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 FL5
Not sure what the difference is between the JDM and USDM side mirrors, but the FL1 Spoon side mirrors did not work out for the USDM FL5. I have seen elsewhere that they worked on a JDM spec, and did not seem to have any issues with fitment.

Will they fit USDM? Yes, to a degree. Will they line up with the blind spot monitoring? Not even close. I am not the biggest fan of side mirror overlays, but Spoon has the rear view mirror which I like and I wanted to try and stay consistent with the rear view and side view mirrors.

When I first installed, I centered the mirrors on top of the OEM side mirrors and there was a slight gap all the way around. Something that I was not thrilled about, but may have been able to live with until Spoon comes out with their full side mirror assembly. However, I quickly noticed that the BSI was not even close to being aligned. When aligning the BSI, there was a significant overhang on the right side of the driver mirror and a large gap on the left side. Didn't even open the package for the passenger side to see how it compared after this.

I will be looking into Suma and/or Mugen side mirrors next. Both of those options are a full mirror glass replacement so hopefully will not have the same issues.

20230525_201445.jpg

20230525_195135.jpg

20230525_195155.jpg
glad I saw this...dang, I was about to order some

ram3noodles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Civic Type R
ordered the full set and the 10th gen rear view mirror fits for those that are wondering. great upgrade for those that drive a lot at night or just want extra visibility

11th Gen Honda Civic Spoon Side Mirrors for USDM IMG_0001

11th Gen Honda Civic Spoon Side Mirrors for USDM IMG_0002

11th Gen Honda Civic Spoon Side Mirrors for USDM IMG_0003

11th Gen Honda Civic Spoon Side Mirrors for USDM IMG_0004

11th Gen Honda Civic Spoon Side Mirrors for USDM IMG_0005

Zeke01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic CTR
I haven’t decided if this is something I need but, I did look at spoon mirrors too and noticed the serial number from the OP, 76203-FL1-030, is different than spoon usa offer, 76203-FE1-A30 for the FL5. One search hit I got for the first number specified it was a JDM fitment or RHD. Nothing to offer other than that.

hammeredsole

First Name
Mister
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Odyssey Elite, F150 Tremor, CRV Hybrid Sport-L
FWIW, I have the Mugen mirrors sitting waiting for install. They have built in LED and are full replacement mirrors with BSM, Defrost, and built in signals like old cadillacs.
Sponsored