• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Ktuner basemaps ok with bolt ons?

MaxQuigs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic si
Hi all, newbie here, try not to hate my guts for my simple questions. My plan for the 2022 Civic si is to go with the PRL high volume intake, PRL intercooler (with charge pipe and all that), and a front pipe.

My question... should I be good running just the ktuner basemaps? I like the 18/21 psi dual option along with the ability to have three separate tunes (plan would be factory, 18/21 for daily, 18/23 for rare occasions).

Will I still be getting the most out of my bolt ons, or do I need a custom tune? Long term safety and reliability is my main concern so I am not trying to push the psi limits.
Sponsored

jsocks014

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Nissan Titan Pro-4x
KTuner is easily first mod no brainer. Intercooler is a great early mod too. I’d do a downpipe before or at the same time as the front pipe. You’ll more than likely get clutch slip in 6th, maybe 5th running the higher psi maps. Easy to learn to avoid but what’s the point in power if you can’t use it? A custom tune with a good tuner will be better than a canned base map. I switch between the Phearable low and mid boost tunes. My clutch hates the high boost tune and I have all mods you said plus downpipe.