• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Ktuner Crazy knocks and misfire

JimmyGangSI

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic SI
I was wondering if anyone else was having the same problem as me, I tuned the car for 21psi and turned off artificial knock control. While I was doing pulls I was getting 41 knock count total and misfire cylinder 1-2-3-4 every pull. Then I change it back to factory to see if I was still getting knocks/misfire left and right on ktuner graph. I was getting 10-20 knock count total and still misfire on all 4 cylinder but the car felt fine. I was wondering if this is normal for 11th gen si or something was wrong with ktuner application.
Pic of factory misfire/knocks. (forgot to screenshot when I was tuned)
11th Gen Honda Civic Ktuner Crazy knocks and misfire ktuiner

But like I said the car felt completely fine no check engine light or anything weird was happening just ktuner graph seems off.
Sponsored

Two Step Performance

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twostepperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
This is not a significant amount of reported misfires / knock count. The sensor is VERY sensitive. There are no issues with your car or either tune. If you any significant amount of misfire your check engine light will flash during the occurrence and eventually stay illuminated when/if an error for the misfire is reported by the ECU.

Consider it a false alarm. Enjoy your car. :)

Justin

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
I was wondering if anyone else was having the same problem as me, I tuned the car for 21psi and turned off artificial knock control. While I was doing pulls I was getting 41 knock count total and misfire cylinder 1-2-3-4 every pull. Then I change it back to factory to see if I was still getting knocks/misfire left and right on ktuner graph. I was getting 10-20 knock count total and still misfire on all 4 cylinder but the car felt fine. I was wondering if this is normal for 11th gen si or something was wrong with ktuner application.
Pic of factory misfire/knocks. (forgot to screenshot when I was tuned)
ktuiner.jpg

But like I said the car felt completely fine no check engine light or anything weird was happening just ktuner graph seems off.
Hey! Had the same problem. Have u installed an aftermarket motor mount lime 27wons? I just retorqued both bolts and All of my knocks went away. I was freaking out because the car drove fine but I did notice a significant increase in vibrations leading me to retorque the mount. If you don’t have one, just grab a 19mm (or 3/4?) ratchet and try tightening the front motor mount. Cheers
Sponsored