• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

KTuner for FL5?

MSUGeoman

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R #2486
New FL5 owner here coming from a 23 Si. Spent some time digging and can’t seem to find an answer regarding if KTuner is working on access for FL5 owners or not. Getting ready to sell my Si parts and would prefer not to switch to Hondata if I don’t have to, any insight would be greatly appreciated!
Sponsored

OP
OP
MSUGeoman

MSUGeoman

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R #2486
That’s a bummer, are they not interested in dealing with the Type R ecu?

Jester04

CivicX Basic Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R, 2006 s2000, 2022 Ram TRX, 2005 srt-4
Build Thread
Link
That’s a bummer, are they not interested in dealing with the Type R ecu?
Hondata is better than K tuner, way more functions that really work well with the factory ecu. Even adjustable traction control.

OP
OP
MSUGeoman

MSUGeoman

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R #2486
Fair enough, long time KTuner user but I suppose I’ll just have to let the v1.2 go and get a Hondata unit. Coming from a Phearable FBO 23 Si, I have to say I was not all that impressed by the stock FL5 on my 3 hr drive home. Definitely needs a quality tune and something to liven up the exhaust. Loved the downpipe/midpipe with stock exhaust combo on my Si, may go that route for my FL5 and see how it sounds.

Jester04

CivicX Basic Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Fair enough, long time KTuner user but I suppose I’ll just have to let the v1.2 go and get a Hondata unit. Coming from a Phearable FBO 23 Si, I have to say I was not all that impressed by the stock FL5 on my 3 hr drive home. Definitely needs a quality tune and something to liven up the exhaust. Loved the downpipe/midpipe with stock exhaust combo on my Si, may go that route for my FL5 and see how it sounds.
Yeah of course its a modified car against a stock one. But even with all those mods it still struggles to compete with the Type R. Exhaust mods will make power and make the car feel a lot better and with a tune it will be a night and day difference.

OP
OP
MSUGeoman

MSUGeoman

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R #2486
Oh don’t get me wrong, I loved my Si but when the chance came to grab a type R, I don’t regret doing it at all. If Honda would have given the Si 50 hp more stock, it would have been a much harder sell. I drive 38 miles one way to work every morning up then down mountain roads so tomorrow morning I’ll get to see what the FL5 is like compared to the Si. Bought it to drive it every day and I’m excited to give it a go. The FL5 definitely feels much more planted and “substantial” than the Si did and that will make the mountain roads even more fun. Power is needed going up the mountain and the Si even tuned with FBO just didn’t have enough. Just wish Honda would have put a bigger tank in the Type R…

Jester04

CivicX Basic Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Oh don’t get me wrong, I loved my Si but when the chance came to grab a type R, I don’t regret doing it at all. If Honda would have given the Si 50 hp more stock, it would have been a much harder sell. I drive 38 miles one way to work every morning up then down mountain roads so tomorrow morning I’ll get to see what the FL5 is like compared to the Si. Bought it to drive it every day and I’m excited to give it a go. The FL5 definitely feels much more planted and “substantial” than the Si did and that will make the mountain roads even more fun. Power is needed going up the mountain and the Si even tuned with FBO just didn’t have enough. Just wish Honda would have put a bigger tank in the Type R…
Ah yes the fuel tank is tiny lol. Its one of the negatives of this platform. I’m looking forward to what you do with it. Its very capable out of the box.

Drew30101

First Name
Cordell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 civic si
Congrats on the purchase.
I traded in my 23 si as well back in December for the R. I too had went with Ktuner so you are not alone there. As a member stated Hondata does have more tuning options to cater to individual tunes.

Recreate what did with your S.I. and I'm positive you'll have a smile ear to ear.

OP
OP
MSUGeoman

MSUGeoman

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R #2486
Thank you sir, certainly not regretting it one bit, always wanted a top offering from Honda and finally was able to make it happen. Loving the car so far but definitely itching to put my own touches on it, working on unloading the Si parts first before I start in on the Type R. Exhaust and tune is certainly first with a set of 18” wheels/tires shortly after. That should address much of what I want out of it for now, but like many, I struggle to leave things alone…
Sponsored