• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Questions for built FL5 owners

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
I've tried to live without a manual a couple times before, and failed. I've finally learned this very expensive lesson, after I traded in a perfectly fine PDK 718 GTS 4.0 for this Integra.

There was a bit more to it than that, but I was on the fence throughout the whole ordering process... but I'd probably still have the car if I would have gotten it in manual. I think I can admit that to myself now that it's gone lol.

That's yet another reason this ITS is perfect for me, and I don't want to modify it to the hilt. I still like DCT/PDK cars, but I absolutely must have a manual- so the solution is to have both. I still have "my wife's" 95B.3 Macan GTS that IMO is a better driver's car than pretty much any sports sedan on the market today- including the RS3. That's right, in my humble opinion the Macan has better steering and arguably a better chassis than the RS3! And the (8Y) RS3 is only barely faster... and only barely sounds better (and costs 2/3 as much...). All that said, I will have another "weekend car"- probably in exactly 4 years. Depending on a lot of things, that car could be an M2 CS, a Spyder, a 911, or an Artura. But it will be PDK/DCT.

My plan right now is to literally keep the ITS forever.
Sponsored

Jester04

CivicX Basic Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R, 2006 s2000, 2022 Ram TRX, 2005 srt-4
Build Thread
Link
I like the DE5 in a lot of ways! Versus the Elantra N, the two biggest things I like about are the gearbox which feels way better, and the fact that it has a hatch. Versus the FL5, I like that it has heated seats. And vs. both of them ā€” I like some of the niceties like parking sensors front and rear, great stereo, and HUD. I think it's a good car.

I don't really have brand or model loyalty, and I don't feel like a car defines who I am or that I have to identify myself with it or like everything about it. I'm on enthusiast forums because I think cars are fun and like getting into conversations about them. I consider all kinds of cars ā€” if there was a car I thought was perfect I'd just buy it, but there isn't! So I keep reading and thinking about it, and buying things to try them out.
This is the right way to be a enthusiast, props to you for keeping an open mind. Some people become fanboys of a brand and its terrible.

Jester04

CivicX Basic Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R, 2006 s2000, 2022 Ram TRX, 2005 srt-4
Build Thread
Link
I've tried to live without a manual a couple times before, and failed. I've finally learned this very expensive lesson, after I traded in a perfectly fine PDK 718 GTS 4.0 for this Integra.

There was a bit more to it than that, but I was on the fence throughout the whole ordering process... but I'd probably still have the car if I would have gotten it in manual. I think I can admit that to myself now that it's gone lol.

That's yet another reason this ITS is perfect for me, and I don't want to modify it to the hilt. I still like DCT/PDK cars, but I absolutely must have a manual- so the solution is to have both. I still have "my wife's" 95B.3 Macan GTS that IMO is a better driver's car than pretty much any sports sedan on the market today- including the RS3. That's right, in my humble opinion the Macan has better steering and arguably a better chassis than the RS3! And the (8Y) RS3 is only barely faster... and only barely sounds better (and costs 2/3 as much...). All that said, I will have another "weekend car"- probably in exactly 4 years. Depending on a lot of things, that car could be an M2 CS, a Spyder, a 911, or an Artura. But it will be PDK/DCT.

My plan right now is to literally keep the ITS forever.
Those are all solid choices! I sold my 2017 M2 for the type R and some people freaked out lol. Either way Iā€™m happy with the change and 0 regrets even if its slower in a straight line. Iā€™m buying a g80 M3 in a couple of years before they phase out ICE versions. I have so many cars I want to buy and not enough money to do it yet. šŸ˜‚
Sponsored