• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Leasing prices for the 2022 Civic

Michael90

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX
Looking to get into an EX once these hit the local lots, but I was blown away by the prices being quoted to me on Honda's website. The MSRP for the EX is $24,700. Not sure if you include the sham "destination fee" in the MSRP, but if you do, that's an extra $995. Either way, you figure the price of the car is around 25,000. If going by the traditional "1% rule" for a lease, the price to lease this car should be around $250 a month, meanwhile Honda's website is showing me a whopping $324 a month, with $1900 down! Wtf!? Now sure there's probably room to haggle a bit, but this is just so high that is scares me.

For perspective, when I leased my 2017 Civic, the MSRP was 20,000 and I paid $200 a month with $1100 down. Right in line with the 1% "good deal" situation.

To anyone who is knowlegeable on prices, what should I expect when I go in? Should I simply present them my receipt from 2017 and show them the deal I got then?
Sponsored

ebhaynz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si 2017
To anyone who is knowlegeable on prices, what should I expect when I go in? Should I simply present them my receipt from 2017 and show them the deal I got then?
My best advice is to stay away from the 1st year model and in the mean time save as much money as possible. If you can find a way to buy the car instead of lease you will save a lot more money.

OP
OP
Michael90

Michael90

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX
My best advice is to stay away from the 1st year model and in the mean time save as much money as possible. If you can find a way to buy the car instead of lease you will save a lot more money.
Easier said than done. My lease is up and I need a new ride and not much else out there is appealing to me right now.

Also yes buying is better long term but as far as monthly payments go leasing is drastically lower. I would have the option to buy after the 36 months though and by then I may be in a better position financially.

turbomike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Honda Canda - West, the track, not in your DMs
Vehicle(s)
23 FL5 CTR, 22 MDX-S, 20 FK8 CTR
Don't forget to add PDI on top of everything else and ADM (if applicable)

Honestly the price imo is nothing, yeah there might be $1,000 to $1,200 increase between the two gen but think again it's Honda, not a luxury vehicle.

Presenting your 2017 deal won't mean anything to them, they're not going to match it down to the dollar since they gotta eat too yknow?

I would also stay away from the first year launch, let other people test it out and get Honda to improve for the next year or so

OP
OP
Michael90

Michael90

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX
I would also stay away from the first year launch, let other people test it out and get Honda to improve for the next year or so
Test? This is a Honda Civic. One of the most legendary/safe bet cars of the last 25 years. Not to mention its basically the same engine carried over from the super successful 10th gen.

Isn't this an 11th Generation Civic forum?? Why are you guys trying to talk me OUT of getting one? lol

Last edited:

TypeSiR

First Name
Car Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, CTR, MX-5, Fit

tacthecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Civic Si Sedan
Lease & loan money rate is double 2017 numbers due to demand (new & used cars) and Covid shortages.

22Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si
Lol unfortunately 2017 prices are gone. That's like you trying to buy a house now showing homeowners your 2017 price.

Look up leasing, learn the MF, residual, fees/acquisition/disposition fees and mileage allowance. That will tell you what your lease number looks like as that is what is based on. It's a sellers market so you'll have to work hard to get your deal and travel.

For reference lease deals I saw recently on a new Civic EX was $330 a month with $1500 down for Tier 1 credit.
This was based on residual value of $17468.80. 48 monthly payments. 7500 miles per year. 25 cents per miles over. I wasn't to say LX was 300. Personally I think the least deals suck currently and you are better off buying due to the low interest rates on a new versus used car
Sponsored