• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Looking for better front brake pads for a '22 Civic Si.

11GenSonicSi

First Name
Delin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Si
Cool! I enjoyed your video of your track day. Looks like your car performed well with exception of the brakes. The 27won time attack build thread is here: https://www.civicxi.com/forum/threads/27won-civic-si-time-attack-build.50428/page-3#post-820345

When you hear from Carbotech, please share the details. I'd be very much interested in a street/mild track day pad. I'm surprised no one offers an off the shelf performance pad for the 2.0 Accords, particularly with the 6spd version being offered for a couple years.
-Jamie
Thanks for the link. Wish I saw it earlier and it would’ve save me a lot of hassle contacting all the brake manufacturers.
Already got a set of Accord pads in hand. And I got reply from Carbotech today. They are waiting for backplate for further action. Likely I’ll swap the autozone pad in, confirm fitment and send my backplate to them.
The 11th gen Si is solid. My second track day I ran it pretty hard for four 30min sessions. Other than the pads, the car held up pretty good.
Will go for Hondata tune once I get the pad situation solved. No point going fast if I can’t stop lol.
-Dilon
Sponsored

OP
OP
OGGsr

OGGsr

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PWP 2022 Civic Si
Thanks for the link. Wish I saw it earlier and it would’ve save me a lot of hassle contacting all the brake manufacturers.
Already got a set of Accord pads in hand. And I got reply from Carbotech today. They are waiting for backplate for further action. Likely I’ll swap the autozone pad in, confirm fitment and send my backplate to them.
The 11th gen Si is solid. My second track day I ran it pretty hard for four 30min sessions. Other than the pads, the car held up pretty good.
Will go for Hondata tune once I get the pad situation solved. No point going fast if I can’t stop lol.
-Dilon
That's great they are willing to develop a pad for this car. I had a feeling the Si brakes were used on another Honda/Acura platform. I'm hoping a better pad material will provide enough braking for light/medium track duty and not have to go to a big brake kit.

11GenSonicSi

First Name
Delin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Si
Hey Jamie,

An update from Carbotech. They received my backing plate sample and drawings yesterday. It was a breeze working with Jodie. Front pads will be available to public soon. Rear pads are in stock. P/N is CT1878.

Here is my OE pads after 1.5 track days:
11th Gen Honda Civic Looking for better front brake pads for a '22 Civic Si. A4D8582E-AE98-4F4A-921B-80B7C7D0493D

11th Gen Honda Civic Looking for better front brake pads for a '22 Civic Si. 33D7715B-F229-4B93-A52D-554D46FB1F74

For compound I’m going with XP10 as my car is track/autox dual duty.

Finally this pad hunting is over!

Regards,
Dilon

zeroptzero

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si, 2022 Subaru WRX
Hey Jamie,

An update from Carbotech. They received my backing plate sample and drawings yesterday. It was a breeze working with Jodie. Front pads will be available to public soon. Rear pads are in stock. P/N is CT1878.

A4D8582E-AE98-4F4A-921B-80B7C7D0493D.jpeg

33D7715B-F229-4B93-A52D-554D46FB1F74.jpeg

Regards,
Dilon
Thanks for working on this, that is great, I wonder if they will have a 1521 version for street duty and light track day.

11GenSonicSi

First Name
Delin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Si
Thanks for working on this, that is great, I wonder if they will have a 1521 version for street duty and light track day.
Customization they can do any compound on any supplied core. Additional info they just need pad thickness.

Backing plate is the key. They can mate any compound to a backing plate. Now they have the data I sent, I believe for not long they will start selling 11th gen Si pads with the all of compound they have.

pinhead66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan, 2018 Odyssey EX-L
For the people who have owned both a 10th gen and 11th gen Si, how would you compare the brake performance/pedal feel?

OP
OP
OGGsr

OGGsr

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PWP 2022 Civic Si
Hey Jamie,

A4D8582E-AE98-4F4A-921B-80B7C7D0493D.jpeg

33D7715B-F229-4B93-A52D-554D46FB1F74.jpeg

Regards,
Dilon
Hi Dilon,

Huge thanks for doing the legwork in getting the ball rolling for Carbotech to develop a pad for our cars.
Those pads are toast-it almost looks like the material was disintegrating under load. How did the rotors hold up? I'm hoping a decent set of pads and some better brake fluid will do wonders for the braking. Looking forward to seeing these pads available soon!

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
17 HBS, 18 SI, 18 CTR, 14 Ridgeline
For the people who have owned both a 10th gen and 11th gen Si, how would you compare the brake performance/pedal feel?
pretty much the same. Overall bias feels better on the 11th gen, but still just not enough brake for the racing we do. I had a BBK on the car after like a month of owning it lol.

11GenSonicSi

First Name
Delin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Si
Hi Dilon,

Huge thanks for doing the legwork in getting the ball rolling for Carbotech to develop a pad for our cars.
Those pads are toast-it almost looks like the material was disintegrating under load. How did the rotors hold up? I'm hoping a decent set of pads and some better brake fluid will do wonders for the braking. Looking forward to seeing these pads available soon!
OE rotors are not bad and not great either. Pads were overheated like you said. Pad material was stuck on rotor causing groves and light cuts. Slotted rotors would be great as it will clean the pad. I could not find any slotted not drilled rotor option for the time being.

I’m going with XP10, RBF660 and Permatex 80653. Next track day we can tell if this setup can hold a session or not.

Here is what my rotor looks like:
11th Gen Honda Civic Looking for better front brake pads for a '22 Civic Si. 07033AB7-B82E-42AE-904D-9A89AABFCD77
11th Gen Honda Civic Looking for better front brake pads for a '22 Civic Si. 18B40175-4616-45B6-8B77-8473D8F0BECB

OP
OP
OGGsr

OGGsr

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PWP 2022 Civic Si
OE rotors are not bad and not great either. Pads were overheated like you said. Pad material was stuck on rotor causing groves and light cuts. Slotted rotors would be great as it will clean the pad. I could not find any slotted not drilled rotor option for the time being.

I’m going with XP10, RBF660 and Permatex 80653. Next track day we can tell if this setup can hold a session or not.

Here is what my rotor looks like:
07033AB7-B82E-42AE-904D-9A89AABFCD77.jpeg
18B40175-4616-45B6-8B77-8473D8F0BECB.jpeg
Yeah they almost look glazed from the pad wear. Were they able to dissipate the heat and not warp? I'm looking forward to hearing about the new pads and how they do on track. Thanks for sharing!
Jamie

alhounos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si - Sold, Tesla Model 3
@11GenSonicSi Thank you for working with Carbotech to get these available so soon. I just did my first track day and the pads were gone in just a few laps. I ordered a set of 1521s for everyday and a XP10/XP8 combo for track days.

They definitely were not cheap, but from what I've seen, Carbotech pads are highly regarded by many enthusiasts with many different cars.

My rotors didn't look too good either:

11th Gen Honda Civic Looking for better front brake pads for a '22 Civic Si. IMG_0129

11GenSonicSi

First Name
Delin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Si
@11GenSonicSi Thank you for working with Carbotech to get these available so soon. I just did my first track day and the pads were gone in just a few laps. I ordered a set of 1521s for everyday and a XP10/XP8 combo for track days.

They definitely were not cheap, but from what I've seen, Carbotech pads are highly regarded by many enthusiasts with many different cars.

My rotors didn't look too good either:

IMG_0129.jpg
Hey alhounos.

Glad they were able to help you out.

I’m on XP10 front and rear setup. And I’m liking it. Release and modulation on track are very good. Stopping power is great too. Consumption is acceptable. Maybe 4 track days or 20 sessions.
XP10 don’t overheat but it does run pretty hot as the paint on the pads is completely baked off. Guess it’s part of the game running a street car with no brake duct.

I have my eyes on rotor selections too. There is only one slotted rotor for our cars in the market. Unfortunately it is on back order. So my next set of rotors is probably from Honda.

alhounos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si - Sold, Tesla Model 3
Yes, I will be getting these resurfaced but I’d rather get slotted when buying new. Let us know if you end up finding some.

RotoRooter247

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Si, 2023 Honda Pilot, 1986 Toyota PU
It looks like EBC has pads available for the Si. I ordered a set of yellowstuff pads, I’ll update once I get them installed. I confirmed on buybrakes.com that these would fit a Accord Sport, which makes sense if the pads share a part number.

Here is the EBC link with my search:

https://ebcbrakes.com/vehicle/usa/HONDA/Civic/
Sponsored