• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

OP
OP
tuhroo

tuhroo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK8, 13 ISF, 95 K20 EG8, 98 ITR, 95 EG8, 23 FL5
regardless, even if it is...that means production cars are being built which is promising
Sponsored

rsnivek

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Toyota GR Supra 3.0 Premium
what I don't get is why we (US customers) can't get parking sensors and power-folding mirrors. At the price, we will end up paying I would expect all the tech and safety features available to us.

TomK

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Pilot
Anyone know for sure when the pics were taken exactly?

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7.5 GTI
what I don't get is why we (US customers) can't get parking sensors and power-folding mirrors. At the price, we will end up paying I would expect all the tech and safety features available to us.
i'd pay 1000bux for parking sensors. Living in the city and parallel parking often they have been amazing in the GTI.

TrackS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jordan 1
It's not just you - In Australia we are forever getting things with features removed because 'that's what the market wants' or simply to save some money to reduce the price (and then make it more expensive anyway šŸ˜‚)..

In this case we seem to be getting some of the extras in Aus for the FL5, but won't surprise me if we miss out on basics like colour choices.

ctrc2022

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Model3
ya couldn't agree more.
would pay extra for power folding mirrors. and sensors

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack
I would personally pass on folding mirrors. Completely unnecessary gadget in my experience that will fail over time (unless I lived in Europe where the streets are much narrower or where parking is super tight). The less gadgets the better. Same goes for parking sensors. More computers and more things to fail.

I realize that not everyone shares the same view. Admittedly, Iā€™m a minimalist and like to keep things simple. If I could spec my prior M car the way I wanted, it would come with manual seats and no parking sensors.

OP
OP
tuhroo

tuhroo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK8, 13 ISF, 95 K20 EG8, 98 ITR, 95 EG8, 23 FL5
These are likely going to be press tester cars and HoA cars - still way too early for mainline US shipment.
honda already has cars in Torrance being driven by field techs

Zero7

First Name
Avtar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
I would personally pass on folding mirrors. Completely unnecessary gadget in my experience that will fail over time (unless I lived in Europe where the streets are much narrower or where parking is super tight). The less gadgets the better. Same goes for parking sensors. More computers and more things to fail.

I realize that not everyone shares the same view. Admittedly, Iā€™m a minimalist and like to keep things simple. If I could spec my prior M car the way I wanted, it would come with manual seats and no parking sensors.
In all my years of having folder mirrors, 15+ (UK based), Iā€™ve never, ever had one fail and in our narrow parking spots they are very handy

SnoopstaR

First Name
Snoop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R
Wow. Any idea when we will get them over in the UK?

I'm at a civic event at Honda dealership this Saturday. Hoping they suprise me with a demo type r :)
Sponsored