• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Low Turbo Pressure as a Result of Tuning

OP
OP

praisethenes

First Name
Enes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 1.5T Honda Civic
a drop in filter should not cause problems. The downpipe could get boost control off but I´ve never seen it on keihins
Also I have custom downpipe. But it makes no sense to me that the car's pressure doesn't rise.
Sponsored

hammeredsole

First Name
Mister
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Odyssey Elite, F150 Tremor, CRV Hybrid Sport-L
Any increase in power is going to come with an equal increase in wheel spin. The FL5 is at the limit of FWD traction to begin with. It's a great car, but honestly, you're throwing money out the window trying to make it something it's not. For the price of the car + mods, you're talking nice 997S or 996 turbo territory, let alone so many other more capable options.

I am not knocking the CTR, it's just that using a baseball bat for a game of tennis doesn't make a lot of sense either. I'd suggest enjoying the car for what it is, a fantastic FWD backroad destroyer, and put your money into something that will yield compound interest vs compound issues.

Last edited:

Jester04

CivicX Basic Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R, 2006 s2000, 2022 Ram TRX, 2005 srt-4
Build Thread
Link
Any increase in power is going to come with an equal increase in wheel spin. The FL5 is at the limit of FWD traction to begin with. It's a great car, but honestly, you're throwing money out the window trying to make it something it's not. For the price of the car + mods, you're talking nice 997S or 996 turbo territory, let alone so many other more capable options.

I am not knocking the CTR, it's just that using a baseball bat for a game of tennis doesn't make a lot of sense either.
To add something to this just for clarification. Boost by gear can be done and you won’t have any traction issues while making the car significantly faster. So you can have your cake and eat it too.

OP
OP

praisethenes

First Name
Enes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 1.5T Honda Civic
I can't understand why my car won't boost turbo pressure. I'm waiting for Hondata to support. But it is not clear that Hondata will support it.

OP
OP

praisethenes

First Name
Enes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 1.5T Honda Civic
We just tried one more file, turbo pressure was increased in the map and torque limiter was canceled, we think the problem is caused by the pedal map, but we cannot find the pedal map in the ECU. I can share the stock file if anyone thinks they can find the pedal map.
Sponsored