• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Maintenance Schedule for 2022 Civic Hatchback?

KVR

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Hatch EX-L
Did not receive any maintenance schedule with the car. I was curious what was recommended in the future. Googled the question and only found dealer schedules with a lot future maintenance such as new spark plugs at 15,000 miles.
Sponsored

zeroptzero

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si, 2022 Subaru WRX
Did not receive any maintenance schedule with the car. I was curious what was recommended in the future. Googled the question and only found dealer schedules with a lot future maintenance such as new spark plugs at 15,000 miles.
Sparkplugs are usually rated for 100k miles , I will not leave mine in that long but they are good for far more than 15k miles. Same thing for valve clearance check.

I look forward to doing my valve clearance and spark plugs when it is time. I find it relaxing to wrench on the engine and doing valve clearance checks on Hondas has been something I've done on many times myself..

Last edited:

zeroptzero

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I thought I would check the dipstick today after 3 weeks and the break-in period. This dipstick oil level can be tricky to read with clean oil on it, it will probably be easier to read when the oil darkens a bit.

Last edited:

hondacm450e

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic 1.5L Turbo Touring
Don’t change the oil early. Wait until your civic tells you too. There’s metal additives in the first oil that help break in the engine and strength the surface metal imperfections that are meant to run for a significant mileage. Just let the civic tell you what’s due and when. If you follow your cars maintenance minder in the screen the Honda will run for 200000

Last edited:

zeroptzero

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My maintenance minder went down to 90% after 500 miles, so it dropped 10%, That has been all city driving miles. I think it might run to about 6000 miles before it alerts me to changing, just guessing, but I will follow the MM. It might go further as I get some highway miles on it., that could be possible.

turbomike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Honda Canda - West, the track, not in your DMs
Vehicle(s)
23 FL5 CTR, 22 MDX-S, 20 FK8 CTR
Don’t change the oil early. Wait until your civic tells you too. There’s metal additives in the first oil that help break in the engine and strength the surface metal imperfections that are meant to run for a significant mileage. Just let the civic tell you what’s due and when. If you follow your cars maintenance minder in the screen the Honda will run for 20000
Only 20k ? Yikes

I change my fluids every so often. However I do track my cars

OGGsr

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PWP 2022 Civic Si
Sparkplugs are usually rated for 100k miles , I will not leave mine in that long but they are good for far more than 15k miles. Same thing for valve clearance check.

I look forward to doing my valve clearance and spark plugs when it is time. I find it relaxing to wrench on the engine and doing valve clearance checks on Hondas has been something I've done on many times myself..
Me as well. For my old GSR, I have a tool which is basically a 10mm wrench with an integraded flat head screwdriver to keep the valve adjuster from moving. I would usually adjust at 30k miles...
I wonder if it would work for the l15c1.

zeroptzero

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Me as well. For my old GSR, I have a tool which is basically a 10mm wrench with an integraded flat head screwdriver to keep the valve adjuster from moving. I would usually adjust at 30k miles...
I wonder if it would work for the l15c1.
aaaaah I sold my 2001 GS-R a couple years ago, I miss that one.

I also had that same tool for adjusting my Hondas, but I sold that tool when I sold my last old school Honda - 2002 Honda S2000, I figured I wouldn't be adjusting any more valves going forward. I have been wondering if the 1.5 L motor works the same way, I assume it does as the vtec system looks similar.

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
aaaaah I sold my 2001 GS-R a couple years ago, I miss that one.

I also had that same tool for adjusting my Hondas, but I sold that tool when I sold my last old school Honda - 2002 Honda S2000, I figured I wouldn't be adjusting any more valves going forward. I have been wondering if the 1.5 L motor works the same way, I assume it does as the vtec system looks similar.
I hope you didn't sell it too far back. The values of S2k's are INSANE now.

zeroptzero

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I hope you didn't sell it too far back. The values of S2k's are INSANE now.
The funny part was that I sold it because some guy offered me crazy money for the car, it was before the crazy jump in prices we've seen lately but for the time I sold it they had offered me really good money. It was twice what I paid for it, as I bought it at the bottom of curve when prices were cheapest for used . If I sold it now it would be worth much more, but so it goes.
Sponsored