• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Metallic Ping from Steering Wheel

Bonito

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
Over the last week I've noticed when turning my steering wheel at low speeds I'm hearing a metallic pinging noise that sounds like it is coming from the steering mount. It doesn't seem to ever happen in the same spot, but it is happening consistently. Anyone else experiencing this? Video for reference.
Sponsored

Last edited:

CTRgo

First Name
Zunair
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
people with civics have reported its a faulty clock spring. I had the same issue in mine but sold it before getting the chance to take it to dealer to fix.

CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R, LS Swapped FC3S
This might be normal. I just noticed it pulling my car into the garage when the radio was off. Never noticed it before as I don’t drive in silence normally.

CyberCTR

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RSX Type S, '23 RR Type-R #929
I have heard it a few times when turning right after starting the car up.

OP
OP
Bonito

Bonito

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
Necro thread:

At the dealer today, gonna see what they think about this. Another forum member mentioned it but it might be an issue with how the airbag is seated. They’re gonna try that, see how it goes. I’ll update if that’s the fix.

E90076

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5, M5 CS, M2 CS, 992 GT3
Necro thread:

At the dealer today, gonna see what they think about this. Another forum member mentioned it but it might be an issue with how the airbag is seated. They’re gonna try that, see how it goes. I’ll update if that’s the fix.
I’m having the same issue - did you ever find a solution?

OP
OP
Bonito

Bonito

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
I’m having the same issue - did you ever find a solution?
I went back and they said they're just gonna replace my entire steering rack. Still waiting on the part to come in.

E90076

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5, M5 CS, M2 CS, 992 GT3
I swear the issue is with the air bag. It makes the noise when touching the airbag and if i honk the horn, it makes the pinging noise very loud every time I move the wheel for a mile or so.
Sponsored