• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

MHI stage 2 turbo upgrade without upgraded HPFP or injectors

FL5ghost

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic type r
Hello, I’ve been stuck in a thought recently about purchasing the MHI stage 2 turbo. Unfortunately, during the downpipe install 1 of the turbo studs snapped and the other came out but the thread got messed up during the process. I've yet to get the turbo taken out and the bolt machined out and rethreaded. I would like to upgrade the turbo without having to get the xdi HPFP/Injectors. I've heard from others you can run the turbo without those 2 modifications but others have stated I do… what are your guy’s thoughts?
Sponsored

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Integra 6spd A-Spec

Jester04

CivicX Basic Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R, 2006 s2000, 2022 Ram TRX, 2005 srt-4
Build Thread
Link
Hello, I’ve been stuck in a thought recently about purchasing the MHI stage 2 turbo. Unfortunately, during the downpipe install 1 of the turbo studs snapped and the other came out but the thread got messed up during the process. I've yet to get the turbo taken out and the bolt machined out and rethreaded. I would like to upgrade the turbo without having to get the xdi HPFP/Injectors. I've heard from others you can run the turbo without those 2 modifications but others have stated I do… what are your guy’s thoughts?
Buy the new turbo and I can get you setup with it tuning wise if you are interested I am also based in FL. This Setup I have personally tested and currently running in my car. Or the Tuner of your choice of course.

you can upgrade the pump at a later time.

JPoole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 CTR '23 GR Morizo
Get the turbo, let Jester tune it and if at a later date you want more then add the fuel upgrades and retune. That's my plan at least. Baby steps!

OP
OP
FL5ghost

FL5ghost

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic type r
Buy the new turbo and I can get you setup with it tuning wise if you are interested I am also based in FL. This Setup I have personally tested and currently running in my car. Or the Tuner of your choice of course.

you can upgrade the pump at a later time.
Thank you for responding👍🏼 also to add I’ve got a Catless downpipe paired with the OEM frontpipe. Is the frontpipe a vital piece or can I keep the OEM for now?

Jester04

CivicX Basic Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R, 2006 s2000, 2022 Ram TRX, 2005 srt-4
Build Thread
Link
Thank you for responding👍🏼 also to add I’ve got a Catless downpipe paired with the OEM frontpipe. Is the frontpipe a vital piece or can I keep the OEM for now?
You can keep the oem one for now! Upgrade at a later date if you want.

I have posted a lot of info in my thread feel free to check it out.
Sponsored