• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Motor Trend's render of the 11th gen Civic sedan

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan

jred721

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Accord Sport
Looks interesting. I almost like the fastback design of our 10th gen sedans more though, but i'd have to get a shot of the rear to really say so.

Gruber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring; 2009 Honda CR-V EX-L
This is just their guess but it sounds like it might be coming as 2021 model? Of course with the virus all bets might be off on that. Anyway, what do you guys think?

https://www.motortrend.com/news/future-cars-honda-civic/

20200514_160556.jpg
No side markers? Pity, it was such a great cheap mod....
But I bet there will be more visible sheet metal shape difference for the 11th gen.

....though with the Welsh-built Type R ensnarled in Brexit madness.....
They keep promoting the fake news about Brexit having anything to do with Swindon, even though their own article, linked right there! confirms that it's not so. Amazing. :doh:

Last edited:

TypeSiR

First Name
Car Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, CTR, MX-5, Fit
?

Continuous slow morph into mid-size Accord territory. Smaller grille = hybridization and no turbo (see current Insight and hybrid CRV drivetrains).

The Insight and Clarity are really beta testers for Honda to refine and incorporate into its mainstream models (CRV, Civic, Accord). They can discontinue the Insight by having a 11th-gen hybrid Civic initially on the upper trims (1.5T for lower trims?). And slowly phase out the 1.5T like what happened to the current 2.0L base trim.

Last edited:

jred721

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Accord Sport
?

Continuous slow morph into mid-size Accord territory. Smaller grille = hybridization and no turbo (see current Insight and hybrid CRV drivetrains).

The Insight and Clarity are really beta testers for Honda to refine and incorporate into its mainstream models (CRV, Civic, Accord). They can discontinue the Insight by having a 11th-gen hybrid Civic initially on the upper trims (1.5T for lower trims?). And slowly phase out the 1.5T like what happened to the current 2.0L base trim.
Well .having a Civic Hybrid and Insight would be pretty redundant. Honda would have to kill off the insight completely in order for a Civic Hybrid to make sense...which I don't see them doing because I've seen insights on the road a lot lately and they seem quite popular. Plus, Honda just introduced the 1.5 turbo drivetrain recently in this current generation, there's no way they'd phase it out soon. My guess is that they just include the 1.5 turbo in all trims of the Civic and no longer offer the 2.0 engine. But we'll see. The insight would serve as the "civic hybrid".

coo1rim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 civic, 2006 yaris, 2008 rav4, 2012 carmy, 2017 Civic 2.0L 6MT
If the bean counters are up to their nonsense and have a case against the 2.0L.... Another solution is to have the 2.0L built in Canada (I believe there also an engine plant in Alliston). If 2.0L isn't popular in the US, it makes sense to keep that engine going for the Canadian market who prefer the 2.0L over the 1.5t. Added bonus is some stability if NAFTA goes to shit.

I bet a small engine plant in Ontario that's dedicated to the 2.0L (especially if it can keep the 2.0L 6MT variant alive) would be a good way to keep Hondas roots alive. If Honda decides to put all their eggs into the Turbo basket, then good luck, cause they're going to lose one of their supporting piece that no other company can recreate. However, small turbos are a dime a dozen.

Last edited:

Vexels

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Coupe Sport
This is just their guess but it sounds like it might be coming as 2021 model? Of course with the virus all bets might be off on that. Anyway, what do you guys think?

https://www.motortrend.com/news/future-cars-honda-civic/

20200514_160556.jpg
My first impressions were definitely Insight-like, which makes sense considering the Insight is just a hybrid Civic.
To be honest, this rendering looks pretty bland with widespread appeal in mind, which is exactly why I think it's way more realistic than other crazy "11th-gen" concepts out there, haha.

I wouldn't be surprised if the next Civic resembles this - it looks a lot like Honda's current design language, but it feels like a step away from the (at the time, in 2016) crazy and radical styling the Civic is known for.

Ducky

juiceboxes
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 S2000, '19 Civic Type R
Unless design languages diverge, this looks nothing like the 4th gen Fit.

Which isn't to say it won't. America didn't get ANYTHING that looks like the FN2, and Honda has a long history of North America only cars. It just seems bizarre to go global for the 10th gen, have it be incredibly popular, and then not use their new global styling language.

Either way, seems like MotorTrend agrees that the 11th gen will be like the 7th and 9th: evolutions of an existing design and probably not worth upgrading from our 10th gens.

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe
2021 my ass