• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Motor Trend's render of the 11th gen Civic sedan

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
I think given the circumstances they may push the sedan to MY 2022.

BUT... assuming they keep their traditional 5 year plan, the 11th Gen's testing is likely near completion. If sales pick back up by late summer, we could see it launch in late Fall.

Right now, it's not looking great. April's stats:

11th Gen Honda Civic Motor Trend's render of the 11th gen Civic sedan 1589553519670
Sponsored

coo1rim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 civic, 2006 yaris, 2008 rav4, 2012 carmy, 2017 Civic 2.0L 6MT
I already commented but after looking at this again (i know this is just an MT render), it looks kind of bragain basement in terms of styling. 10th gen front end and a previous gen Nissan Sentra rear end. And speaking of sentras, the new Sentra that came out looks better than this imo. I really hope Honda does something more than this in terms of styling like they did with 10th gen, if this render were true it would just scream lack of effort to me. Current gen styling looks much better and sportier to me.
Sentra does look premium. But I think Honda can still squeeze more out of current Chassis. It would be cool if they had an even lighter version of the base 2.0L 6MT. IF they do, it'll champion the brand for the next generation. The cars that instill brand loyalty are those that can give 100%, even after 10+ years or ownership.

Last edited:

NotSerious

First Name
No
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018CivicLXSedanCVT
I was hoping that they would get rid of the fastback to give more headroom in the rear for 6 footers and raise the car up a bit. The "sporty" appearance might look "cool" but it isn't practical. I would prefer "luxury" to "sporty". The BMW 3 series looks a lot more substantial.

And the 11th gen won't be coming out until the 2022 model year or we would have heard something before now. I expect only small changes much like the 8th to 9th gen. Maybe use the Accord's infotainment + blind spot monitoring and rear cross traffic alert + Honda Sensing 2.0 upgrade. Sedan sales are declining and Honda spent a lot of money redesigning the 10th generation Civic. They are not going to spend a lot on developing the 11th gen.

Last edited:

ryanfk7

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic ā€˜17 Hatch EX
Looks exactly like someone took a Civic and Accord, smashed em together and changed a few things :thumbsdown:

coo1rim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was hoping that they would get rid of the fastback to give more headroom in the rear for 6 footers and raise the car up a bit. The "sporty" appearance might look "cool" but it isn't practical.

And the 11th gen won't be coming out until the 2022 model year or we would have heard something before now. I expect only small changes much like the 8th to 9th gen. Maybe use the Accord's infotainment + blind spot monitoring and rear cross traffic alert + Honda Sensing 2.0 upgrade. Sedan sales are declining and Honda spent a lot of money redesigning the 10th generation Civic. They are not going to spend a lot on developing the 11th gen.
There's ample room for 6 footer in the Sedan. Personalty, would prefer none of the technology (except Android Auto...smaller the screen the better) and more premium but lighter suspension bits. Those techno nerds who become better drivers from driving a well sorted-out car are going to migrate to something with more dynamics.

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey EX-L '18 Civic SI Sedan '94 300zx twin turbo 2001 Ford F-150 Sport
Honda themselves havenā€™t announced or shown anything for a car that could release within a year... this? Not that Iā€™ve seen anyways. I kind of donā€™t buy it. They had the ā€˜16 Civic concept running the auto show circuit as early as March 2015 and we knew gen 9 was done.

Thereā€™s no been no announcement from Honda Iā€™ve seen. This article appears to be an opinion piece based on an assumption of ā€œabout 5 yearsā€. Yeah... gen 8 was 6. 9 flopped and went 4 and we knew it was on the chopping block. I guess that averages to 5... and they offer their own illustration? Great. Looks like an uninspired morf of a current Civic and an Accord to me. Itā€™s about as useful as people cropping random peoples heads on Henry Cavillā€™s body with claims, ā€œThis might be the new Superman in the next [totally unannounced] filmā€ that floats up in my news feed now and then. Slow news day.

It holds about as much weight as our own assumptions to me. Until Honda themselves give a release or show their cards, Iā€™ll remain skeptical weā€™re going to see a different model Civic in the showrooms ~6 months from now. COVID causing lack of sales with 2020s just hanging out (even a few ā€˜19s at my local dealers) and manufacturing shutdowns doesnā€™t help either.

Still say a late 2021 as a release as a 2022 model is the earliest weā€™d see... matching the same 6 year run of the similarly successful gen 8. It also existed in a rocky financial time... but that was mid-life and the issue vice out end-of-life with unemployment this go-around is going to make folks buy less and hold on and take care of what they have Iā€™d bet. Iā€™d argue gen 10 is ending stronger review-wise than 8 did. 9 started mediocre and never really recovered despite improvements.

Gruber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring; 2009 Honda CR-V EX-L
I believe the eleventh is not coming soon. When it comes, even if nothing else changes much, the front grille will be different. Honda doesnā€™t have a signature front, so they take advantage of that to make generations look different.

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
To be fair, the only reason the 8th Gen went 5.5 years was so Honda could decontent the 9th Gen. It was sold as a 2012 model for 1.5 years (and one of the few big dark spots on Honda's record).

Nearly every generation of the Civic has been on a 5 year cycle. And I think until recently, Honda had been planning for a 2021 redesign of the Sedan.

sitsinchairs

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
I really hope I hate the 11th gen. I really donā€™t want to have to buy a civic with honda sensing.
While I don't love all the Sensing (mostly drive with it off), my feelings are this: Yeah, I wouldn't pay for it, as I don't need it, but if they're including it as standard equipment, fine. The half-second it takes to turn it off is part of my start routine at this point. I may not need the features, but if the future used car buyers will expect these, it does not hurt to have the extra tech for resale.

NazTehRpR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Civic Sedan Sport, '08 GSXR 600
Those wheels looks like something Isuzu used to put on their cars o_O
It looks like the design that would be on something like a Kia Soul or similar in their lineup. Even the base model civics least have some sharpness to them that not equipped with alloy.

Billy4202

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
With the popularity of the 10th gen, I'd be shocked if it comes out as a '21 MY. '22 probably more likely.
Not stunned with this render. Unless this ends up being a hybrid, those wheels look like a step back. And taking the ass of a Jetta is really not the move.

The 10th gen was immediately class-leading. I hope Honda continues this with the 11th gen.

Shred

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type R, Civic Hatch EX-L (traded in)
This grille reminds me of the 9th Gen coupe. This just an artist's render, but I don't think the final product would look very close to this. Maybe the lower bumper portion and overall bodylines, but I'm betting it gets a more Accord style eyebrow on the front grille, less curve to it.

A similar piece is also on the Pilot and Passport. I imagine that will make its way with the new gens of Civic, CR-V and HR-V that will eventually come down the line. But, the newest Fit doesn't have it so this is really all conjecture.

coo1rim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Swindon plant is closing in a year, so if not a complete redesign, it has to be something significant. It'd be dumb to retool to make the exact same thing.
Sponsored