• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Need help getting build sheet

DRGN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 FL5 CTR
The dealer I bought my FL5 from did not listen to me and did their pre-delivery inspection, which for some reason includes throwing out the build sheet. I messaged Honda Japan customer support, and they were kind to give me some info from my build sheet, but said that the sheet itself is "internal information" and that they don't disclose it with customers. This doesn't make sense to me, because why then would every FL5 shipped here come with its build sheet inside the car? Some of them are inevitably going to end up in the hands of customers.

I'm now waiting for Honda America customer support to get back to me, but I'm expecting a similar unhelpful answer. If anyone working at a dealership or with industry connections is able to help with this, please DM me. Thanks
Sponsored

CaryH

First Name
Cary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 touring 2.0T, 2005 Toyota 4runner SR5, 2012 c
That's a rough one buddy, and you told them not to do the inspection and they did it anyways...idoits ,idoits..

fredzy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sienna, GR86, FL5
Are you talking about the window sticker, the Monroney Sticker?

Fanatic

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Civic Type R and many more...
Pre-delivery inspection (PDI) is a standard procedure. The dealer normally leaves the PDI inspection checklist record sheet along with the Monroney sticker in the glove box or somewhere safe and accessible within the vehicle.

It may not be the nice original, but your dealership should be able to print a paper copy of the Monroney sticker for you upon request.

Last edited:
OP
OP

DRGN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 FL5 CTR
Are you talking about the window sticker, the Monroney Sticker?
Not the monroney/window sticker, the build sheet from the Yorii-Machi plant in Japan. Here is a pic of what it looks like from another member on here. Supposedly, all FL5s are sent here with this paper somewhere in the car

11th Gen Honda Civic Need help getting build sheet edited ref build sheet

OP
OP

DRGN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 FL5 CTR
Pre-delivery inspection (PDI) is a standard procedure. The dealer normally leaves the PDI inspection checklist record sheet along with the Monroney sticker in the glove box or somewhere safe and accessible within the vehicle.

It may not be the nice original, but your dealership should be able to print a paper copy of the Monroney sticker for you upon request.
Luckily still have the window sticker and PDI checklist đź‘Ť but the build sheet is its own thing, which looks like the image attachment. This is from another member on here, who said that every FL5 comes here with the sheet in the car from Japan

11th Gen Honda Civic Need help getting build sheet edited ref build sheet

CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R, LS Swapped FC3S
If it's been thrown away I doubt you will have any luck getting them to reprint it.

You can probably continue to complain at the dealership and they may give you some monetary compensation or a free accessory for the trouble.

OP
OP

DRGN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 FL5 CTR
If it's been thrown away I doubt you will have any luck getting them to reprint it.

You can probably continue to complain at the dealership and they may give you some monetary compensation or a free accessory for the trouble.
A legit physical copy would be nice but I only asked for a scan or PDF. Honda Japan said they do have it on file but that they can't just give it out. I guess I got lucky to at least find out my manufacturing date.

Also my dealer ghosted me when I asked them about this lol

Fanatic

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Civic Type R and many more...
Cool beans. I may start asking for build sheets... : )

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
That document is long gone and you're likely not getting another one, reprint or otherwise.

OP
OP

DRGN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 FL5 CTR
I got mine as it came off the truck. This was on the pass floor.
IMG_7159.jpeg
Very cool. I might be trading for the final model year FL5 when that releases, so I guess I'll just have to babysit the truck as it pulls into the dealer lot lmao

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
Very cool. I might be trading for the final model year FL5 when that releases, so I guess I'll just have to babysit the truck as it pulls into the dealer lot lmao
Or find a dealership who can follow basic directions.

Anthonyfa18

First Name
Anthony Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda’s
I got mine it’s was in the back seat on the floor, too bad we can’t get more information about our cars being built. I will be so cool or be able to decode it.
Sponsored

Last edited: