• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Here’s my 22 Sport Touring! *Need help figuring out lowering*

Hiimzomby

First Name
Kelvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Sport Touring
11th Gen Honda Civic Here’s my 22 Sport Touring! *Need help figuring out lowering* 70813704542__6DC331AB-9EE2-4CA5-AF27-176048530726
11th Gen Honda Civic Here’s my 22 Sport Touring! *Need help figuring out lowering* IMG_2389

Hey everyone! So I just got my wheels installed yesterday. Aodhan DS06 19x9.5 with Lexani 265/30/19 tires.

What I failed to realize was the amount of poke this size would get me. It’s about .75-1 in. I planned on lowering it with some Eibach Pros but noticed my rear wheels barely have 1.5 in of clearance. My front tires have more. About 2.75 in.

The rear I feel is that low because I have a 12” woofer in the back and a car seat plus the spare tire. Now Since my wheels will no longer tuck can I just install the eibachs on the front of the car? I actually like the poke but am worried about rubbing since the tire is out about an inch like I mentioned.
11th Gen Honda Civic Here’s my 22 Sport Touring! *Need help figuring out lowering* 70813710118__191BEA80-C82E-406C-BA3E-6B46C1B27923
Sponsored

Savannah@TSP

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twostepperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
'23 Si, ‘20 FC4 (sold)
So, I too ran into that issue after lowering my Si (18x9.5 with 255/35).

11th Gen Honda Civic Here’s my 22 Sport Touring! *Need help figuring out lowering* 1686527849276

You do have some options.

1. Install adjustable rear camber and rear toe arms. This will allow you to bring the top of the tire inward (negative camber) so that you can clear that rear quarter panel. If you choose this route, there is very little camber adjustment on the front to clear the front fender, so you may want to buy some coilovers with camber plates installed (like Silver's NeoMax). The handling will improve if the negative camber isn't done excessively, and the toe is as close to 0 as possible. The downside to this option is that your tires will not last very long. Toe will eat your tires faster than camber, but nonetheless, this method will eat your tires. I opted for this on my Si and expect those tires to last 3 months, tops.

2. Sell your wheels and get new ones. I know you probably don't want to hear this - I don't think anyone does - but it's the option that likely makes the most financial sense unless you can get tires for cheap. If you go this route and plan to lower your car, I'd stick with 18s. 18x8.5 is a popular option; offset and tire size is up to you and how you want the car stanced.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Hiimzomby

First Name
Kelvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Sport Touring
So, I too ran into that issue after lowering my Si (18x9.5 with 255/35).

1686527849276.png

You do have some options.

1. Install adjustable rear camber and rear toe arms. This will allow you to bring the top of the tire inward (negative camber) so that you can clear that rear quarter panel. If you choose this route, there is very little camber adjustment on the front to clear the front fender, so you may want to buy some coilovers with camber plates installed (like Silver's NeoMax). The handling will improve if the negative camber isn't done excessively, and the toe is as close to 0 as possible. The downside to this option is that your tires will not last very long. Toe will eat your tires faster than camber, but nonetheless, this method will eat your tires. I opted for this on my Si and expect those tires to last 3 months, tops.

2. Sell your wheels and get new ones. I know you probably don't want to hear this - I don't think anyone does - but it's the option that likely makes the most financial sense unless you can get tires for cheap. If you go this route and plan to lower your car, I'd stick with 18s. 18x8.5 is a popular option; offset and tire size is up to you and how you want the car stanced.
Thanks for the info! I’m going to install the eibachs in the front and see how it does. The rear is how I like it. Just need the front to match. Coil overs are also something ID rather not get into since my ocd will have me changing the settings constantly lol. I’m trying to stay away from negative camber because of the tire degradation as well. This is also my daily so I’m ok with not lowering it too. Again thank you for the input!
Sponsored