• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Nuts in my air box !!!

OP
OP

pfmusician

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Tiuring
I’ll check into getting the spray. Is it something that’s available on Amazon?
Sponsored

Bpebler

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ram, 20 Durango, 00 Cherokee, 99 Trans Am
I’ll check into getting the spray. Is it something that’s available on Amazon?
I’ll verify tomorrow the one I actually have to make sure I’m getting you the right info. The one that looks similar says it has coconut oil blended with it, but I’m fairly certain mine says 100% oil. I usually spray roughly once a month in the colder months.

OP
OP

pfmusician

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Tiuring
For those that are interested - this is what I did today. Let's see if it keeps the furry little bastards out of my air box. Now, how to keep them out of my cabin air filter area???
11th Gen Honda Civic Nuts in my air box !!! Today

Bpebler

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here’s the one I’ve been using successfully. Turns out it does have some coconut oil in there, but that may actually help with keeping it to stick to the surface a little bit perhaps. 🤷🏽‍♂️

11th Gen Honda Civic Nuts in my air box !!! IMG_2487

11th Gen Honda Civic Nuts in my air box !!! IMG_2488

OP
OP

pfmusician

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Tiuring
Thank you very much for your time and trouble. I will definitely check it out!

Bpebler

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you very much for your time and trouble. I will definitely check it out!
No problem at all man, just hope it helps! Fortunately I’ve only found nut remnants on top of my battery blanket & around the oil fill area 😬 been dousing it ever since lol I tried dryer sheets & moth balls before also in my Jeep. Dryer sheets don’t last & moth ball smell will seep into the cabin. Ugh it’s disgusting. Potentially harmful from what I’ve “read”.

This light be a little extreme, but you might be able to put repellent plants near where you park that will keep them from approaching as much as as supplement.

OP
OP

pfmusician

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Tiuring
I’m considering getting some of that Honda branded rodent tape to wrap my engine wires before they start to snack on them. The damn stuff is EXPENSIVE! About $50 a roll!

my problem is a hickory tree in my front yard. Every year it drops thousands of nuts (I called them acorns but more correctly they are hickory nuts). It was never a problem in the past but for some reason this year it has been a disaster. That tree is coming down this summer. Hopefully that will solve most of the problems. All the anther trees are far away from my cars.
Sponsored